Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December Discussion

NorEastermass128

26 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Interior can do well with slightly above average temps...just look at December 2002 after the 10th...so the stuff near the end of the euro run isn't terrible. Definitely tougher for the coast. 

We'll see how it looks though as we get closer. 

I'll take it.

That lead nrn stream s/w is a lot weaker this run which is giving the srn system a little more room to come north. That’s kinda what I thought James should’ve been cheering on originally. Basically back some kind of mid/upper level frontogenetic band over his fanny. 

Just now, dendrite said:

That lead nrn stream s/w is a lot weaker this run which is giving the srn system a little more room to come north. That’s kinda what I thought James should’ve been cheering on originally. Basically back some kind of mid/upper level frontogenetic band over his fanny. 

It gets out quickly which is what some guidance has shown. It’s occluded garbage but something to watch.

38 minutes ago, dendrite said:

You seem really scared of a warmup. Maybe HM will rock you to sleep tonight? Maybe a GLAAM lullaby?

Not at all. 4 or 5 days of nice weather will be great. But that is very different of what a couple of you were preaching last week. Pattern recognition is what separates the men from the boys. Hopefully some of you become men someday 

12 minutes ago, Zach’s Pop said:

Not at all. 4 or 5 days of nice weather will be great. But that is very different of what a couple of you were preaching last week. Pattern recognition is what separates the men from the boys. Hopefully some of you become men someday 

HM and isotherm are great at what they do. I've never been a huge fan of the really long range/seasonal forecasting. I'm glad there's some out there that are into it who are advancing our knowledge in that area and making those forecasts slowly, but surely, better. It just really isn't for me and it doesn't make anyone less of a man or woman. Even having skill in that area of forecasting means you have a lot of failures. You can know everything there is to know about angular momentum or mountain torque, but it isn't going to guarantee a 2-4+ week outlook. They are fun reads though and it's easy for some to get lost in them like a romance novel.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1