Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Discussion

NorEastermass128

13 minutes ago, dendrite said:

An amped up bomb probably gives you a nice rainstorm. I think you should be cheering on just enough suppression and then get a deformation band from the southern stream storm over your head.

Anyway, the GFS has been consistent with having that northern stream s/w run out ahead of the southern system and basically plays the turd in the punchbowl preventing a phase and the southern stream from being able to amplify on its own. Way too early to be worrying about all that though as all of the models will be trying to figure out these shortwaves in the flow over the coming days.

Yup!  great observation, dude.

I was just commenting on the handling of the N/stream part of that era. 

There may be some chance for things to re-align more favorably in space and time...particularly, I was noting the need for the western ridge to really be aggressive in poking back N up the western cordillera - roughly ... D6.  To state the obvious, that would help slow down the W-E (ness) of the flow up along 55 N and "maybe" just pretty-please-with-sugar-on-top phase more. 

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Probably the GEFS being the GEFS, but that was a massive change in the 11-15 day.

'You could actually see the ridge developing out west towards the end of the run starting at 0z, more so at 6z on the GEFS? Maybe it is on to something, one could say the weeklies were showing something similar, just a week later?

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

He awakened at dawn to a pink slip.

Not Jimmy. He would talk about one of the Arctic short waves phasing with subtropical energy for 75% of broadcast and throw in a caveat this is probably not gonna happen and sometimes he gets a bit excited but he would potentially increase ratings for weenies 18-77

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I guess what Don S and Will said was garbage too? It’s a week relaxation or so on the GFS. I said two weeks. Somehow I’ll carry on if I’m off by a week. :lol: 

Will has never really been on the long relaxation period as you have. I read your posts for a week before I made any response to you. You were making claims like close the shades for awhile, and other comments. I get it, you like to stir the pot with the weenies. Get them riled up. But while you were doing that, you were missing some real good stuff my Tom and others on why it wouldn’t get that warm or as ugly as the EPS were implying. I agree that a 5-7 day period of milder than normal weather is coming. But before that everyone might get a snowstorm and after the relaxation is over a pretty good pattern sets up. 

Just now, Zach’s Pop said:

Will has never really been on the long relaxation period as you have. I read your posts for a week before I made any response to you. You were making claims like close the shades for awhile, and other comments. I get it, you like to stir the pot with the weenies. Get them riled up. But while you were doing that, you were missing some real good stuff my Tom and others on why it wouldn’t get that warm or as ugly as the EPS were implying. 

I definitely like to stir the pot. But, I also said it wouldn’t necessarily be a torch. The pattern I envisioned was milder,  and at least for our latitude..could be ok inland If things were timed out right. It was a break from what we’ve had. 

This board is also a heavily biased cold and snow board. I like snow as much as anyone, but I can find 95/100 instances where people thought any relaxation was short lived...only to last twice as long. That’s weather. Sometimes it goes as planned sometimes it doesn’t. It’s still early to go either way. It’s coming regardless. It’s a matter of how long.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wonder when the 'internet stalker' label gets foisted -ha.

Who the f* care who said what?  

No one is taking any trophies away from here ...beyond some dependency for winning an accolade here and there?  Okay - if that's what people really need. Maybe their "daddy" never gave enough of that.

I don't know... I think Scott mentioned a relaxation in the pattern ... which has some semantic vulnerability, to which those that he has rubbed (possibly) the wrong way with his at times rather brash assessment of the tone and tenor on the forum and sober antithetic content ... (i.,e., nothing wrong with doing that!) they seem to be overreacting to said semantic points he made. Almost like a, "That's the last straw!" haha

I'm a Met... by education and life long obsession to weather-related sciences.  Earth and astronomy in general, actually... I can tell you, nothing Scott has posted in the past ten days, other than misinterpreted sarcasm and ribbing ... has been that far beyond merit.  

This thread needs some moderation like the old days of Eastern, before the "Lord Of The Flies" coup de etat - 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I wonder when the 'internet stalker' label gets foisted -ha.

Who the f* care who said what?  

No one is taking any trophies away from here ...beyond some dependency for winning an accolade here and there?  Okay - if that's what people really need. Maybe their "daddy" never gave enough of that.

I don't know... I think Scott mentioned a relaxation in the pattern ... which has some semantic vulnerability, to which those that he has rubbed (possibly) the wrong way with his at times rather brash assessment of the tone and tenor on the forum and sober antithetic content ... (i.,e., nothing wrong with doing that!) they seem to be overreacting to said semantic points he made. Almost like a, "That's the last straw!" haha

I'm a Met... by education and life long obsession to weather-related sciences.  Earth and astronomy in general, actually... I can tell you, nothing Scott has posted in the past ten days, other than misinterpreted sarcasm and ribbing ... has been that far beyond merit.  

This thread needs some moderation like the old days of Eastern, before the "Lord Of The Flies" coup de etat - 

LOL I bring it on too. I know certain buttons to push,  but the overall discussion of the Synoptics won’t change..(IE I won’t Just make stuff up). 

Well back to the discussion...the euro buried the weekend potential. We’ll see if it can turn the coast after hr 186. 

• Like 1

Is Zachs Pop just another screen name belonging to a member who has been banned, trying to sneak back on board? Because they seem comfortable and not like a real noob...

Also, Scoots, dont worry dude, even i know you havent been claiming torch...youve been on board with pattern relaxation...

1.25" snow last night.   Rainy day temp up to 35F at 2pm.  Slush everywhere.  Got to get it cleaned up or melted before the long freeze.  11" on the ground that will be waterlogged and glaciated.  My snowcover is not going anywhere for a long time.

Sorry you guys can't get a storm.  Suppression city it looks like for a while.  

5 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

1.25" snow last night.   Rainy day temp up to 35F at 2pm.  Slush everywhere.  Got to get it cleaned up or melted before the long freeze.  11" on the ground that will be waterlogged and glaciated.  My snowcover is not going anywhere for a long time.

Sorry you guys can't get a storm.  Suppression city it looks like for a while.  

Until next Sunday . That ones not suppressed 

• Haha 1

1709452112_14-kmEPSGlobalNorthernHemisphere500hPaZNormAnom.gif.f53e8116058d30bd747299bb37f1e668.gif

The overnight  EPS echoes however the recent GEFS models. They are not at all bullish on the warm pattern any more than just a few days before the ridge signal keeps moving out east of the Maritimes. The pattern looks to be running out of steam as the GEFS models show higher heights over Western North America. 

EURO goes to the round with a  weak sauce wave:

EMON is like EURO

Japs (JMA) say we support you Americans and GEFS:

All credit goes to amugs from 33andrain as well as Jack Sillin