Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December Discussion

NorEastermass128

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

I’ve been saying this for a week and some  of you guys aren’t getting it, but let me make this clear. We are now seeing all models in the 11 to 15 days show this relaxation. The weeklies show this relaxation. The tropics Are moving into a state that is conducive to this relaxation.  It’s also Climo for this type of pattern. So for some of you who simply cannot understand that a two week respite is unfathomable, I do not know what to tell you.

So you have been saying for a week that a relaxation is coming day 11 to 15? I dont get it. Based on the EPS it gets mild day 14

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Ok I read that wrong

I always give my honest opinion. Do I like to joke, sure....but I think even a week ago we had some signs it was coming. While we don’t know how long it will last or how bad....I would expect a period of milder wx post 12/10.  Maybe it will be like week 3 on the weeklies and still offer chances. We just don’t know. Let’s all hope we can get something next week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Epic active period for CNE elevations/NNE in Novie

just wow

gonna do another hike Saturday up Kersearge Saturday. Goal is to go to 3K and take a measurement

my friend got up to about 2500’ on Monadnock today but he didn’t measure just said “deep” lol. 

I'd be curious to see what a measurement from Monadnock would do for our map. Currently we only have a few reports of 2-5" in the area, but almost all of those are low elevation.

4 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

I’ve been saying this for a week and some  of you guys aren’t getting it, but let me make this clear. We are now seeing all models in the 11 to 15 days show this relaxation. The weeklies show this relaxation. The tropics Are moving into a state that is conducive to this relaxation.  It’s also Climo for this type of pattern. So for some of you who simply cannot understand that a two week respite is unfathomable, I do not know what to tell you.

I mean we've been at this certainly since the second half of October, so 6 weeks now. Hard to expect a pattern to continue much longer than that without a reload or change altogether.

Hey, let's repeat this pattern to start January and see what we can do with it.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I mean we've been at this certainly since the second half of October, so 6 weeks now. Hard to expect a pattern to continue much longer than that without a reload or change altogether.

Hey, let's repeat this pattern to start January and see what we can do with it.

I might be able to give you some pointers to people who could help with your data needs. What's a high enough elevation? 

2 minutes ago, monadnocks said:

I might be able to give you some pointers to people who could help with your data needs. What's a high enough elevation? 

Any elevation is helpful honestly. I don't know exactly how the script works, but there is a sphere of influence around each report, so an ob from MWN won't really affect something around Monadnock and vice versa.

7 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Any elevation is helpful honestly. I don't know exactly how the script works, but there is a sphere of influence around each report, so an ob from MWN won't really affect something around Monadnock and vice versa.

If I squint I think I can see a 8-12" contour on the summit with our elevation interpolation turned on.

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

As the energy gets better sampled today and especially tonight..I think we'll start to see our famous NW trends with the Tuesday night snow. She should be coming. at least for SNE 

LOL that you say that.  Better sampling allows for one of three things:

1) they lead to better phasing and something to watch

2) they come in as currently modeled and we watch our somewhat near miss

3) they come in worse and the last couple pages of this have been for naught.

To guess what the sampling results would be in advance is entirely conjecture--it hasn't been sampled!

5 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

To guess what the sampling results would be in advance is entirely conjecture--it hasn't been sampled!

Out over the NE Pac until tonight at least. 

9 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

We’ve seen it over and over and over again over the years with these. Models have them, lose them, then slowly bring them back and then it ends up coming and people can’t believe it. I stand by my thoughts of a light to possibly moderate event in SNE