Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December Discussion

NorEastermass128

13 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Warm but not hot = mild. 10-14 day timeframe is 10-14 days from today. Count 10 days from today, that 10. Add 4 days to that day and you have 14. 

You suck , I thought he meant a 10-14 day threshold. And mild does NOT have a standard definition onthis board.

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Week 3 and 4 were the worst. Week 3 May be ok but still an ugly Pacific. 

Sure seems to come around at the end (week 5).  I know about the caveats....

Mid December will likely be 40s and 50s. Before that decent and by the end of the month it’s play ball.

7 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Lots of folks in here just made the wildcard game...but there worrying about the World Series that’s not even remotely certain 3-4 weeks from now???  

I’ve been saying this for a week and some  of you guys aren’t getting it, but let me make this clear. We are now seeing all models in the 11 to 15 days show this relaxation. The weeklies show this relaxation. The tropics Are moving into a state that is conducive to this relaxation.  It’s also Climo for this type of pattern. So for some of you who simply cannot understand that a two week respite is unfathomable, I do not know what to tell you.

• Like 2

Just now, CoastalWx said:

I’ve been saying this for a week and some  you guys aren’t getting it, but let me make this clear. We are now seeing all models and 11 to 15 days show this relaxation. The weeklies show this relaxation. The tropics Are moving into a state that is conducive to this relaxation.  It’s also Climo for this type of pattern. So for some of you who simply cannot understand that a two week respite is unfathomable, I do not know what to tell you.

That’s not what I meant.  I’m fine with a relaxation...no worries here at all.  Your point was well taken a few days back with me.  

Some folks getting all worked up about something happening(to what extent and to what degree is unknown at the moment) a couple weeks from now, when we have potential in front of us currently.  Hence the wildcard analogy.  That was the point.

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I’ve been saying this for a week and some  of you guys aren’t getting it, but let me make this clear. We are now seeing all models in the 11 to 15 days show this relaxation. The weeklies show this relaxation. The tropics Are moving into a state that is conducive to this relaxation.  It’s also Climo for this type of pattern. So for some of you who simply cannot understand that a two week respite is unfathomable, I do not know what to tell you.

You are a saint my friend......you really have a LOT of patience

Just now, WinterWolf said:

That’s not what I meant.  I’m fine with a relaxation...no worries here at all.  Your point was well taken a few days back with me.  

Some folks getting all worked up about something happening(to what extent and to what degree is unknown at the moment) a couple weeks from now, when we have potential in front of us currently.  Hence the wildcard analogy.  That was the point.

We can discuss today, tomorrow, the day after tomorrow, and on and on. It doesn’t have to be one or the other. This what discussions are for. 

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

We can discuss today, tomorrow, the day after tomorrow, and on and on. It doesn’t have to be one or the other. This what discussions are for. 

Absolutely.  But to let it bother a person to the point of canceling December, and winter before it starts..like we saw on Tuesday, is ridiculous.  That’s my point.    Discuss all you/we want for sure.

I just can’t stand the doom and gloom that seem to inevitably come as we discuss a pattern two weeks from now...that may look mild for a time.  But whatever. 

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Week three is interesting, because a pattrrn like that would promote a lot of high-pressure in Canada. It is not a cold look, but would offer storm chances. And if you have high pressure with a serviceable air mass, things can happen. Likewise, there may be a torch  all involved too. 

Not a CJ pattern, so I'll take my chances.