• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Discussion

NorEastermass128

Let's be careful of how much potential there is and just focus on the nearest potential, which seems to be on the Dec. 5 situation.  Lot's of variables need to come together for this potential quick hitting Miller A storm to produce the goods.  We'll see what this looks like come Sunday night weather models.

Euro ensembles a little more enthusiastic for Dec 5 than the OP. Hopefully we can ramp that one up. I agree that it's always preferable to "cheer" on the closer event since it has a higher probability of occurring than a system 3 days later.

That said, the Dec 8-9 system is there on the EPS as well.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Euro ensembles a little more enthusiastic for Dec 5 than the OP. Hopefully we can ramp that one up. I agree that it's always preferable to "cheer" on the closer event since it has a higher probability of occurring than a system 3 days later.

5th

14-km EPS Global East Coast USA MSLP 162.png

14-km EPS Global East Coast USA 24-h Precipitation 174.png

9 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I think the OP for the 5th is a perfect spot for the lead time especially since the euro has been showing a bit of an east bias.

4 minutes ago, Hazey said:

I think the OP for the 5th is a perfect spot for the lead time especially since the euro has been showing a bit of an east bias.

I've read that ...somewhere.   Mm.  might 'ave been via Extended range forecast discussion outta NCEP a few weeks back.   

I did find the 12z interestingly flat with that wave.  Ironically, it tends to over amp troughs (and ridges for that matter) in mid ranges, so that east facet, as well as this one in question... sort of fly in the face of it.  

53 minutes ago, Greg said:

Let's be careful of how much potential there is and just focus on the nearest potential, which seems to be on the Dec. 5 situation.  Lot's of variables need to come together for this potential quick hitting Miller A storm to produce the goods.  We'll see what this looks like come Sunday night weather models.

I'll be suprised if at least one of those doesn't work out.

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I wouldn’t call it a cave, but some height rises. That can easily go the other way at 00z, so let’s see if it is a trend. 

Definitely a step to other guidance no matter how one looks at it.  We’ll see where it ends up but it seems epo is hanging tougher than earlier guidance had it.  Also, hint of NAO blocking just enough to keep decent cold in Canada is helping.  Finally, it’s all in the 11-15 where it’s been for a week.

Nice snowy signal 12/5-12!