Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Discussion

NorEastermass128

4 hours ago, Go Kart Mozart said:

I was checking out Environment Canada to see how this storm will effect the Maritimes.  The Canadians have this beauty for a warning, which I strongly suggest we adopt:

Wreckhouse wind warning in effect for:

• Channel-Port aux Basques and vicinity

Very strong wind gusts are expected or occurring

Strong easterly winds are expected to develop this evening with gusts increasing to 100 km/h late overnight tonight and to 120 km/h on Wednesday.

Gusts will further intensify to 140 km/h Wednesday evening before diminishing somewhat as winds become northeasterly, with gusts to 100 km/h persisting into Thursday from this direction.

Be prepared to adjust your driving with changing road conditions due to high winds. Drivers may lose control of their vehicles; tall vehicles are at risk of being overturned.

Wreckhouse wind warnings are issued when there is a significant risk of damaging winds.

It's a mountain wave type thing. The LLJ get slammed to the ground in the Codroy Valley to the lee of the table top mountains to the east which are kind of a plateau. This is actually not a perfect situation for these winds Wednesday into Thursday. It's more effective when the atmosphere is very stratified north of a mid-winter warm front. I've seen almost 200 km/h since I've lived here. A lesser type of wind occurs downwind of the Chautauqua Ridge in areas like Dunkirk south of BUF. I'm sure there are areas in the Greens and Whites that can see similar. 

GEFS snowy as hell.  It’s coming from 12/5 onwards.  The pig in the longer range still is getting kicked around more on tonight’s ensembles.   One can hope this is a trend.  It’s looking better vs 48 hours ago.   I don’t doubt we mild up but I don’t see a long lived stable warm pattern.  We review eps in the am.

• Like 1

Both the GEFS and EPS have low heights in areas where we don't want. I think some of you are taking advantage of legalized weed. Until then, we have a couple of threats through first week of December. That aspect hasn't changed. And to clarify because I see some hyperbole around, it's not a furnace that people are calling for...it looks like a relaxation where it could turn milder.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Both the GEFS and EPS have low heights in areas where we don't want. I think some of you are taking advantage of legalized weed. Until then, we have a couple of threats through first week of December. That aspect hasn't changed. And to clarify because I see some hyperbole around, it's not a furnace that people are calling for...it looks like a relaxation where it could turn milder.

Depends upon what time you are talking about Scott about the low heights in places we don't want them.  December 5th pattern looks mighty fine.