Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December Discussion

NorEastermass128

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I think it's picking up on the MJO stuff now. It is what it is. We don't know how bad it will be, but it's not reversing to a -EPO or +PNA. Nope.  Hopefully it's somewhat salvageable.

The biggest thing it has to be is short lived. (As in no more than 2-3 weeks)

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

The biggest thing it has to be is short lived. (As in no more than 2-3 weeks)

From what I hear of the long range guys, they think so too, We pray. Some hints of wetter than normal down south later week 3 into week 4, so may have some srn stream action. Hopefully some cold is around.

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Even though its just an op run but 18z gfs shows the AK vortex on roids. This would be devasting for winter enthusiasts. 

I got Debbied earlier by some folks, but it is what it is. That’s not a feature you want showing up in mid to late December.

Period. No spin necessary 

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

The painful thing is, its another piece or solution showing it...so it has merit. 

I always thought it was real... delayed but not denied, which in this case, isn’t a good thing.

Weak Nino is bread and butter here, but this is what could produce a rat.

Hopefully we aren’t waiting until late March for it to move out.

Don't worry folks an epic cage match is coming up 

More

Looks like December will feature an epic cage match between the Madden Julian Oscillation (MJO) and the #PolarVortex. The dynamical models are picking the MJO as the winner but who do I think might win domination of our #weather? https://bit.ly/2DVbhhg 

Ds9N2e1WkAoyt2l.jpg

Ds9N4RiWkAo6PqG.jpg

9 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I always thought it was real... delayed but not denied, which in this case, isn’t a good thing.

Weak Nino is bread and butter here, but this is what could produce a rat.

Hopefully we aren’t waiting until late March for it to move out.

That region has a propensity to lock in heights, high or low. We’ll see how it evolves next 10 days though. Until then, we enjoy cutter after cutter. 

Just now, NorEastermass128 said:

Snow weenies shaking in their boots. Keep on shaking. In fact, shake out of them and slide into your flip flops. 

Joking aside, pay attention to that 12/4-7 period and whatever happens D15-18+ will happen. 

Exactly....quaking in their boots and overlooking a potentially decent period.   

Two weeks plus out in time....I wouldn’t be getting to upset...and if it happens as depicted, it’ll pass as does every pattern.    

5 years ago this would be pissing me off and I’d be worried about it too, but lately stuff like this doesn’t seem to matter as much anymore. Sure I’d love to see a great pattern in the long range potentially, but no worries if it’s not a good pattern either.  It’s nice to not let it bother you anymore...just drop the worry lol. 

Did we have pig anytime last winter?  What about the past few?  2014?  1994 featured a hybrid system on the 24th.  System going by the bm with rain at all elevations in all of New England.  Let’s get dirty with this now...

i actually thought 18z looked better bad vs 12z on the GEFS

8 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Did we have pig anytime last winter?  What about the past few?  2014?  1994 featured a hybrid system on the 24th.  System going by the bm with rain at all elevations in all of New England.  Let’s get dirty with this now...

i actually thought 18z looked better bad vs 12z on the GEFS

I don’t know if it was the Oinker that caused it...but we had 82 in Mid February last winter..ya that was about as bad as it could get too.