• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
11/27 - Everything and the Kitchen Sink Obs

Lava Rock

Just in from shoveling for 4 hours. 8.1 total with 4.1 after 6:45 this morning.  Light snow throughout the evening, even when the stars were out.  A nice night to be out there.

I am up to at least 25.6 for the month.  I was out of town when it snowed on Friday the 9th.  Some of the high towns near here had reports in the 3 to 4 range.  I know it snowed here because there was a small pile left by one of  the cars but I don't think it was more than an inch or two.  Unfortunately nothing triggered my game cam while we were away.

33 minutes ago, klw said:

Just in from shoveling for 4 hours. 8.1 total with 4.1 after 6:45 this morning.  Light snow throughout the evening, even when the stars were out.  A nice night to be out there.

I am up to at least 25.6 for the month.  I was out of town when it snowed on Friday the 9th.  Some of the high towns near here had reports in the 3 to 4 range.  I know it snowed here because there was a small pile left by one of  the cars but I don't think it was more than an inch or two.  Unfortunately nothing triggered my game cam while we were away.

All these NNErs will find out in the AM how much wet snow is like a whole day at the gym. Get some rest kids she aint done yet

6 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

All these NNErs will find out in the AM how much wet snow is like a whole day at the gym. Get some rest kids she aint done yet

Both hamstrings cramped just after I got in bed.  Dehydration ftl.

1.1 inches ov fluff overnight,,9.2 inches total (post compaction as I could only measure 1 hours apart)

Just now, alex said:

The crazy thing is that nobody comes up this time of the year. You can ski for less than $60, we are giving all sorts of discounts on lodging, but it's just us lol!

I know. I almost came up this coming weekend, but have my son's b-day party. I haven't been skiing in years and wanted to get my son going and myself going too. 

Hit a nice snow shower on 89 around mile 45 in NH (Grantham area). Can see the elevation gradient clearly on the highway as we were going through NH - looks a little less exciting now as we've crossed into VT but I would imagine things will perk up again as we get up into the mountains. Should be a great day at Sugarbush - get out and enjoy the snow!

38 minutes ago, SR Airglow said:

Hit a nice snow shower on 89 around mile 45 in NH (Grantham area). Can see the elevation gradient clearly on the highway as we were going through NH - looks a little less exciting now as we've crossed into VT but I would imagine things will perk up again as we get up into the mountains. Should be a great day at Sugarbush - get out and enjoy the snow!

By exit 4 on 89 in VT, you should be excited.

44 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

8.5 when I average 1.2 is what percent of normal? I  mean cmon it is only Nov and we have 2 maybe 3 serious threats on the boards. Pickles is looking at the same ground we are.

About 700  :lol:
Only added 1" during daylight yesterday as the brighter echoes dodged our area.  Then, after 0.22" RA aft/eve, very light SN began just before 9 PM and continued all night, adding another 0.6".  A far cry from Bretton Woods, but usually we get nothing from that kind of follow-up SN.  Storm total 7.1" (unless we accumulate today, which I doubt) from 0.78" LE and 1.00" total precip.  A solid 14" pack, probably holds 3-4" SWE, about my average for late January.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alex said:

The crazy thing is that nobody comes up this time of the year. You can ski for less than $60, we are giving all sorts of discounts on lodging, but it's just us lol!

Specific to BW, right now they only have 17 trails officially open. I had an expiring comp ticket there last winter which I had use by mid-Dec, went up on a day when they received 18" - had a blast once I was lucky to meet a local who took me around to closed parts of the mountain - which nobody seemed to mind we were skiing btw - but the lift layout was a limiting factor. Someone on another board mentioned that BW seems limited at moment my lack of staff. NH hardcore skiers are going to head to either Cannon or Wildcat anyway. You're living in the winter wonderland at moment...why couldn't every November be like this!