Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
11/27 - Everything and the Kitchen Sink Obs

Lava Rock

2 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

It's a shame you moved from the Snow Capital of New England, Lunenburg, to a snowhole like the Hubb

;) I’ve been a longtime lurker and thought it was funny that every storm in the 2015 snow blitz, Lunenburg was the winner.  Had to shovel five feet off my roof that year when a cutter was threatening to demolish everyone.  My wife worked in Harvard and her building’s roof collapsed on her day off!

6 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

I did on the corner coming down the hill. Of course that was after Fedex clipped it by 3':rolleyes:. He could have back dragged it as it slopes up where the dirt is and he would have easily seen that. oh well.

I use to stake out my yard, (150') not because i didn't know where to snow blow it, But it was so the daycare parents stayed off the lawn when some would back out, But then they would still run over the markers so i just threw my hands up in the air.............lol

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

This is obscene... over a foot of paste.  There is so much snow at the ski resort.  What a month.  

And it's just nuking.  With upslope coming.

It's dumping in downtown Montpelier too.  Haven't been outside since I got into work around 7:00 so not sure about accumulation around here.

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

This is obscene... over a foot of paste.  There is so much snow at the ski resort.  What a month.  

This is such a generic statement. It could be powderfreak in any cool season month! It's like your own personal form letter. :lol:

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Unreal for February, forget November. Making tracks to Sugarbush tomorrow unless K somehow beats them overnight. 

I'm in Lebanon. Had a doctor's appointment at Dartmouth. The drive from Hell from my house over here over an hour and a half to go 30 miles. So many trees down along Route 4. Higher elevations look over a foot lower elevations three or four in but roads are a mess and moderate snow the whole way

13 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Awesome pics Brian and Gene. Wet snow rules.

I've got some pics coming... I mean I haven't seen a paste job like this in a while.

Every snowstorm this month has been pure moisture.  The snowpack depth on the mountain isn't like obscene from a pure depth stand point... but the amount of water in the pack makes it incredibly beefy.  Guess its a perfect time to lay down that base for the currier and ives in mid-winter.

I'm also incredibly lucky.  I smoked a guardrail coming down from the mountain at 40mph and then just missed on-coming traffic and a telephone pole.   Only damage is very minor paint scratch to the right rear end.  But that's a first for me.  I should consider myself lucky in having made thousands of trips up and down one of the snowiest stretches of road in Vermont (VTrans has a plow just for that stretch of road) and never having an issue in 10 years.... but holy shit I've never hit a guardrail before and lo and behold, it does its job.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I'm also incredibly lucky.  I smoked a guardrail coming down from the mountain at 40mph and then just missed on-coming traffic and a telephone pole.   Only damage is very minor paint scratch to the right rear end.  But that's a first for me.  I should consider myself lucky in having made thousands of trips up and down one of the snowiest stretches of road in Vermont (VTrans has a plow just for that stretch of road) and never having an issue in 10 years.... but holy shit I've never hit a guardrail before and lo and behold, it does its job.

Jesus be safe. Throw those pics up when you’re safely home.

• Like 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Jesus be safe. Throw those pics up when you’re safely home.

Oh I'm home now, ha.  I still can't believe I got out of that with no real damage.  I thought I was f'ked when I saw that I wasn't missing that guardrail.

Anyway, eyeballing about 6" at home of just wet paste.

Milking this to the last drop...it's pounding Pacific NW style flakes.

DmgJnY4.gif

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Oh I'm home now, ha.  I still can't believe I got out of that with no real damage.  I thought I was f'ked when I saw that I wasn't missing that guardrail.

Anyway, eyeballing about 6" at home of just wet paste.

Milking this to the last drop...it's pounding Pacific NW style flakes.

DmgJnY4.gif

Seems to be lightening up here. Green Mt. Power is not sure when we will get power back. 

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I’m pretty envious of you guys right now, but ‘tis the season.  Enjoy it while it’s here. Love the pics and damage.

Feels like we have been tracking snow for weeks now...probably because we have been, lol. But because of that, it feels like mid December or something. Not November 27th. Pretty amazing actually how much winter wx there has been. That's what a -5 to -6 month will get you though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I’m pretty envious of you guys right now, but ‘tis the season.  Enjoy it while it’s here. Love the pics and damage.

The time for us to smoke cirrus will come...

But holy crap man, it is just nuking silver dollar flakes at home right now.  Feels like British Columbia. 

Casa de Powderfreak right now:

KEtmKm9.jpg

CuzLDUm.jpg

zCtHDw1.jpg

• Like 4