• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
11/27 - Everything and the Kitchen Sink Obs

Lava Rock

Measured 1.75" this morning at about 7:00 am.  Never got below 33F.  Probably another inch or so after that, so close to 3"?  Stuck to everything.  Very wet and sloppy.  Definitely over performed down here in the valley.  I'm at 225' and it looks like only about 3-4" up on the hill (over 1000').  

9 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Heading out to Mount Kersearge. Hike up the access road 

time to inflate some numbers

i live just a few miles from there as the crow flies.  very curious the differences with elevation - please let us know.  foothills restaurant in Warner has good food and there is a great bookstore across the street.  have fun!

Lol. I thought u were around 300'. You.guys must have gotten into some better banding

Little?! :gun_bandana:
Depending on where you are standing on the property we're within a few feet of 400 at GYX.
And you're really going to be pissed when I tell you we're actually at 7.9" storm total (we just measured before the change over arrived).

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

my neighbors say 2 sloppy inches or so, but they are about 75' lower so....looks like snow or maybe a mix falling pretty heavily on my cam.

32.2° and snowing hard here. What a shitshow with the chicken run. My hawk netting is almost touching the ground. This is the first storm where the snow wasn’t really able to fall through. I need a long dry period to let the water soak in and run off. Over 8” of liquid now for Novie and 19.3” of snow so far. Gene must be pushing 30”. 

3F1930D2-B917-4D66-928E-A1A6377F7670.jpeg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, dendrite said:

32.2° and snowing hard here. What a shitshow with the chicken run. My hawk netting is almost touching the ground. This is the first storm where the snow wasn’t really able to fall through. I need a long dry period to let the water soak in and run off. Over 8” of liquid now for Novie and 19.3” of snow so far. Gene must be pushing 30”. 

3F1930D2-B917-4D66-928E-A1A6377F7670.jpeg

Would you be willing negotiate?  How about instead of a long dry period we instead go for a very cold period with lots of powdery low qpf snow?  Cool?

2 hours ago, Lava Rock said:

But 300' or so feet right? Just seems odd more than we got.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

378', on the tallest little hill in that part of town.

My 6" estimate earlier turned out to be 5.5", which melted to precisely 10:1.  Snow was moist but not massive, just over the broom threshold, and not bending the hardwoods much.  About 4" of much more dense stuff when I got to Augusta at 8:30, probably an inch or so since.  The nicest echoes seem to head toward home but then slide off to the west.  However, my biggest calendar-day November snowfall, 9.7" in 2011, may be in play.  The 13" storm in 2014 is safe, though the 13" pack this morning is tops for Novie (until I record the higher total at 9 this evening.)

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Swamp disaster in front of the run and siggy saggy hawk netting. I’m surprised it hasn’t snapped yet. I tried shaking as much snow off thse birches as possible, but they’re still sagging quite a bit. I assume they’ll somewhat recover?

D7CC1DB2-9714-4CC3-84D6-2EA417E6AF6C.jpeg

F3503523-5725-4C0D-BE7E-E4ED7D1FD9A3.jpeg

Let everything crash down . It’s Mother Nature taking care of the weak 

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Swamp disaster in front of the run and siggy saggy hawk netting. I’m surprised it hasn’t snapped yet. I tried shaking as much snow off thse birches as possible, but they’re still sagging quite a bit. I assume they’ll somewhat recover?

D7CC1DB2-9714-4CC3-84D6-2EA417E6AF6C.jpeg

F3503523-5725-4C0D-BE7E-E4ED7D1FD9A3.jpeg

We had extremely bent over birches from last winter.  They maintained all spring and summer, rose a bit after the melt, and then rose noticebly after leaf drop.  They are beautiful when they are bent over actually.  I'll guess I'll see whats happened to them when I'm back Thursday.

Regarding the inflation of numbers when sending a photo, there is a bit of necessary inflation due to the camera angle.  It might look like it is 7.6, when it is actually at 7.8" or so if you could take it on the level.

One of the many reasons a snowboard is prefferable, but not always possible.

Plus, for a ski resort to report 7.6" vs 8" on a daily report is pretty meh.  It's not like they reported 12" (round to the nearest foot, you can always go higher!)

Those pics from Dendy and Gene Simmons are awesome.  Love the one of the plastered house