Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Nov. 25th-26th Midwest Snowstorm Potential

Malacka11

1 minute ago, ChiTownSnow said:

Oh this is killing me..I think you are just north of me.  C'mon temps- every degree counts

Been driving me nuts.  Right now it is 35.... heading back down a bit.  I am a bit NE of you.  

46 minutes ago, RogueWaves said:

"Watch and warning map looks interesting.. even DTX pulled the trigger on a warning. GRR will be updating and issue a warning after 6” has fallen and there’s been 200 accidents CWA-wide haha."

THIS!

Different holiday, same dumb-a$$ b-players at the helm. This hard hitting wet snow is the worst to drive in. The impacts will exceed most events the 94 corridor has witnessed in quite some time. I wish I could laugh along with you, but I commute out there and don't like to see people unawares

Honestly it’s not a laughing matter either, why the need to keep from informing the public of dangerous travel is beyond me and the NWS’s take on it? “It’s not going to be a crippling storm, just 5 to 7” with locally higher amounts” for the first time since last season. Stupid.

I respond to calls on I-94 from the 104 to 112 mile markers (firefighter) so it’s very irritating when this happens and GRR doesn’t inform of it (or informs of it broadly and underplays the event and the possible dangers of it). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CoalCityWxMan said:

Tornado warning associated with this system in the St. Louis area. Quite the system 

....this is incredible. I'm so happy I've gotten the chance to watch this.

So I just went outside...it's like a 70, 75 percent snow, 25-30 percent rain mix out there. And since it's changing now, that might be worth another inch of snow, to be honest...

1 minute ago, Hoosier said:

Actually snowing in Quincy right now.

Yeah, I just checked out the radar, I can see that...I'm a broadcaster and we look at areas from Quincy up to Peoria and Burlington, so like, I'm really looking forward to tomorrow's headlines. This is going to be so much fun for me...a dream come true, really.

It's very wet and windy now, snow is a very wet snow. Got a grad school cohort member up on the WI-IL border and basically is showing us footage of the disaster up there. It's gonna get pretty close to that now. The fact that the snow-rain border seems to have stalled a bit to the southeast of us, I think the NWS would be well served to extend the amount here down to where the stalling is occurring.

Edit: Observations got a gust at 46.

3 hours ago, janetjanet998 said:

I just don't trust the southern edge of the heavy snowfall model forecast yet (say the SE 25 miles)

historically a low moving near SPI to NW IND is way to far north for heavy snow for Peoria county (and points NE)

mixing problems (sleet) usually occur or 33 and rain ..until the back edge of the deformation zone moves in with heavy rates but short duration

I still have this concern ...if fact the new HRRR has cut snow totals for the city of peoria and the rain snow line seems to have stalled for  now

also I believe there is a slug of warm air aloft surging north over Ne IL at this time..

the bright returns on the radar are edging north 

Just now, purduewx80 said:

pretty much a slam dunk blizzard for chicagoland is incoming. convection feeding into the ccb is always a good sign that gravity waves will easily penetrate down to the surface. same as in ghd2. that's a wall of snow incoming on radar, too.

They are gonna get pasted but good.