Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Nov. 25th-26th Midwest Snowstorm Potential

Malacka11

13 minutes ago, ChiTownSnow said:

I don't know what this means.. Care to elaborate for us newbies? 

Newest Computer forecast models are placing the low ever so slightly north of what was predicted earlier. This can result in folks on the north side of the storm getting snow when they might not have otherwise if the storm passed them to the south. Furthermore, the warm sector usually is on the south side of the storm. This means someone on the southern side of the precipitation might be more likely to get rain because the warm air on the south side ends up reaching a little bit further north. It can get complicated

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SchaumburgStormer said:

Mostly noise at this point, but understandably, those on the northern periphery have been rejoicing. 

Yeah it isn't a shift north but more of an expansion of the precip shield.

1 minute ago, Baum said:

A lot of rookies. 

Agreed

Just now, SchaumburgStormer said:

Mostly noise at this point, but understandably, those on the northern periphery have been rejoicing. 

Given the trends tonight, I think anybody on the northern edge of where the Euro had the significant snow should be feeling cautiously optimistic. 

2 minutes ago, Stebo said:

I must be missing something here, any shifts to the north this run cycle have been very minor and the HRRR has actually shifted a bit south run to run.

Yeah really just nitpicking on my part- have been perpetually scarred by any risk of mixing after I went to bed one night years ago with a 16” WSWarning, woke up to 4” of utter slush...

11 minutes ago, Stebo said:

I must be missing something here, any shifts to the north this run cycle have been very minor and the HRRR has actually shifted a bit south run to run.

I might just be trash, but it sure looks like things have come north about a county(20 Miles) in Iowa. It’s not a lot, but enough to put CR back in contention.

Just now, hlcater said:

I might just be trash, but it sure looks like things have come north about a county(20 Miles) in Iowa. It’s not a lot, but enough to put CR back in contention.

I would say the precip field has, I am looking at this from a low track point of view and to me the low tracks have been the same or in some cases especially east they have come further south.

6 minutes ago, Stebo said:

I would say the precip field has, I am looking at this from a low track point of view and to me the low tracks have been the same or in some cases especially east they have come further south.

That is one thing that struck me odd about the storm as a whole, the precip shield(especially the snow) was very close to the surface low. Every model was similar  in that regard however. This storm was like that from the beginning though so never really expected that to change. Although the northward expansion of the precip shield as a whole is nice to see. It doesn’t take a whole lot of change out here with the cutoff the way it is.

• Like 1