• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Nov. 25th-26th Midwest Snowstorm Potential

Malacka11

I work for the PD. I haven't been paying real close attention to what they are on, got tired of listening to DID calls. 

You might have heard the mabas call for 3 alarm house fire in Harlem Roscoe. I posted here around 2pm at the onset of sn, wasn’t 10 minutes later we were evacuated from our house, next door neighbors house was fully engulfed. I saw trucks from Byron, Cherry Valley, etc- response was heavy, no hydrants out here. Everybody is fine but it was quite the wild scene, with the heavy fire, all the equipment, and the firefighting efforts in effectively blizzard conditions.

6 minutes ago, luckyweather said:

You might have heard the mabas call for 3 alarm house fire in Harlem Roscoe. I posted here around 2pm at the onset of sn, wasn’t 10 minutes later we were evacuated from our house, next door neighbors house was fully engulfed. I saw trucks from Byron, Cherry Valley, etc- response was heavy, no hydrants out here. Everybody is fine but it was quite the wild scene, with the heavy fire, all the equipment, and the firefighting efforts in effectively blizzard conditions.

Friend of mine lives right behind that house (Last name starts with a Z) and they posted that to FB too.

19 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Kinda second guessing my bumped call of 3-4" and wondering if the original of 1-2" may be better.  I'm pretty sure one of those will work out though lol

I thought 3-5 was attainable downtown but I’d backtrack that to 1-3”. Think most of our accumulation will occur after midnight and lake areas may get a boost from lake enhancement/effect around rush hour.

Unfortunate though that ORD will be the “nameplate” for Chicago for this event. It truly is misrepresentative of the actual city.

1 minute ago, mimillman said:

I thought 3-5 was attainable downtown but I’d backtrack that to 1-3”. Think most of our accumulation will occur after midnight and lake areas may get a boost from lake enhancement/effect around rush hour.

Unfortunate though that ORD will be the “nameplate” for Chicago for this event. It truly is misrepresentative of the actual city.

2nd time it's happening in November in just the past few years.  

It almost seems like a miracle that Chicago got a foot from that storm in November 1895, considering that the official site was located at Wabash and Congress back then.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, StormChaser4Life said:

My proximity to the dry slot and subsidence from this death band to my west is killing snow bands pivoting into my area. If this doesn't improve my totals are going to be cut in half or more

there might be 8-10 inches in extreme NW Peoria county now...north eastern Knox has 8.5 a couple hours ago....likley a dusting SE portions of the county..I got 1.5 to 2 inches here of wet slop on the NW side

of the city

the band would work its way through here shortly ..but the duration won't be long

Strange that areas near Woodstock are close to 10-12” already.
Here in Lake Zurich (about 10 miles SE of there, in far SW Lake County), we’ve only had about 3” so far. 
Driving home this afternoon at the tail end of that early band it was an exponential difference in accumulation just driving northwest the five miles or so up Rt 14 from Crystal Lake.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, ohwxguy said:

Rather underwhelming so far here in Uptown, Chicago. It’s now 10 pm and while I can see the snow falling under the street lights outside my windows, for the most part it’s falling like rain. Doesn’t look even remotely close to accumulating yet. 

Torrential rain with some snowflakes mixed in, about 34 degrees.

Would be nice to switch with the Des Moines folks right around now :arrowhead:

19 minutes ago, beavis1729 said:

Strange that areas near Woodstock are close to 10-12” already.

Here in Lake Zurich (about 10 miles SE of there, in far SW Lake County), we’ve only had about 3” so far. 

Agreed. We have maybe 4” of slop here in Libertyville and half of that came during this afternoon’s band. Not sure if we’re stuck in an area of subsidence or the lake is playing a role, but the driveway is soupy and everything continues to drip outside. Maybe once we drop below freezing things will accumulate quickly? Accumulation sure hasn’t been efficient at all.

21 minutes ago, janetjanet998 said:

there might be 8-10 inches in extreme NW Peoria county now...north eastern Knox has 8.5 a couple hours ago....likley a dusting SE portions of the county..I got 1.5 to 2 inches here of wet slop on the NW side

of the city

the band would work its way through here shortly ..but the duration won't be long

Yea hasn't panned out how I hoped. Probably will be on lower end of forecast totals. But still has been nice seeing near white out conditions at times