• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Nov. 25th-26th Midwest Snowstorm Potential

Malacka11

slushy mess on the roads and sidewalks, and the grass is covered without an inch or so I think.  Hearing reports of IDOT pulling plows off the roads until conditions improve.  Also hearing Route 38 is closed west of DeKalb (confirmation?).  Some schools in my area closing also.  

Just now, TimChgo9 said:

slushy mess on the roads and sidewalks, and the grass is covered without an inch or so I think.  Hearing reports of IDOT pulling plows off the roads until conditions improve.  Also hearing Route 38 is closed west of DeKalb (confirmation?).  Some schools in my area closing also.  

38 west of DeKalb had a four car accident that I'm sure closed the road. I haven't heard of any further closing.

1 minute ago, TimChgo9 said:

38 was closed for an accident, unsure if they reopened. 

WIU is closed tomorrow, so I don't have to worry about making my commute back until Tuesday afternoon. Nice to have an extra day off. Couple 14 inch reports up just north of me where that death band was earlier today. I went out and attempted my best and got several measurements between 12 and 14 inches at 8:30 north of Davenport, IA. Hard to be accurate with strong bursts of wind and snow still ripping hard. Guessing we will end up with another couple inches before its said and done. Depending on how fast the back edge pivots around...figured someone would end up with 15 inches out of this. Best snowstorm I've seen since 2/1/2011 anyway. I'm satisfied.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SchaumburgStormer said:

38 was closed for an accident, unsure if they reopened. 

Are there a lot of other accidents you’re hearing about in the area? I know you said you work for a towing company (I think) so I figured you’d know, roads just seem awful and I’ve seen a number of people stuck in the last few hours. 

Just now, ILwxchr said:

WIU is closed tomorrow, so I don't have to worry about making my commute back until Tuesday afternoon. Nice to have an extra day off. Couple 14 inch reports up just north of me where that death band was earlier today. I went out and attempted my best and got several measurements between 12 and 14 inches at 8:30 north of Davenport, IA. Hard to be accurate with strong bursts of wind and snow still ripping hard. Guessing we will end up with another couple inches before its said and done. Depending on how fast the back edge pivots around...figured someone would end up with 15 inches out of this. Best snowstorm I've seen since 2/1/2011 anyway. I'm satisfied.

I'm actually shocked they closed it to be honest. It's 4-5 inches, 30 mph winds down here, though, and the commute has left people stranded, so...yikes.

• Like 1

Just now, CoalCityWxMan said:

Are there a lot of other accidents you’re hearing about in the area? I know you said you work for a towing company (I think) so I figured you’d know, roads just seem awful and I’ve seen a number of people stuck in the last few hours. 

I work for the PD. I haven't been paying real close attention to what they are on, got tired of listening to DID calls. 

Congrats to all cashing in. At this point the red bands of pouring rain and steady 39F temp is enough to call it a day and see what I wake up to. So disheartening knowing a 20-30min drive gets me to snow. Here’s hoping to some conselation snow in the AM as the system moves out.

Just now, miamarsden8 said:

I'm actually shocked they closed it to be honest. It's 4-5 inches, 30 mph winds down here, though, and the commute has left people stranded, so...yikes.

67 is closed from what my buddy who works with the EMA told me, multiple plows and state police stuck. Several of my friends also got stuck in town too. Heard a report of 6.5" so far southeast of Macomb. My instructor also backed that up saying 67 is a no go. 74 is also a no go from QC to Galesburg.

Just now, ILwxchr said:

67 is closed from what my buddy who works with the EMA told me, multiple plows and state police stuck. Several of my friends also got stuck in town too. Heard a report of 6.5" so far southeast of Macomb. My instructor also backed that up saying 67 is a no go. 74 is also a no go from QC to Galesburg.

Can confirm the 67 thing. They probably didn't have too much of a choice. I was telling them on their Facebook that they need to shut it down because people are stranded, like, come on.

• Like 1