Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Nov. 25th-26th Midwest Snowstorm Potential

Malacka11

2 minutes ago, Baum said:

If all goes as planned this will be the greatest November snowfall in my lifetime. The 1975 storm at Thanksgiving melted in a day. Remember it vividly and I was in 8th grade. The weather addiction stuff starts early...odd affliction.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

What did you get in 2015?

10 minutes ago, CoalCityWxMan said:

Anyone concerned about a dry slot in NC IL?

for some reason the echoes are weakening in Marshall county and NE....not really sure why...the true dry slot is south

it might be sinking air form the heavy mesobands?

edit: could be a a semi-dry punch moving in aloft ....destabilizing some areas...causing convection to reform near PIA/BMI

11 minutes ago, janetjanet998 said:

for some reason the echoes are weakening in Marshall county and NE....not really sure why...the true dry slot is south

it might be sinking air form the heavy mesobands?

That's likely it.  A lot of the higher res models had a little "dead zone" of lower totals between the best deformation currently over N and W IL and where the WCB is running into the CCB over NE IL.  

Just got back in from the first round of shoveling, wanted to get the real wet stuff out of the way before things get real amped, judging by those radar returns pivoting north into northeast IL. Snow intensity reminds me of the GHD blizzard, wind not too bad yet. Did see a branch or two snap while out there.

Just now, Kaner88 said:

If this swath of yellows & oranges & reds (!) makes its way north and hangs around as the pivot begins... could be a real fun jackpot zone for some.

LOT.N0Q.20181126.0247.gif

And that dry slot north of Peoria is going to make someone sad if it doesn’t fill in... I’m still waiting for the elusive Thundersnow. Had a few in the Groundhog Day storm, that was epic.

6 minutes ago, CoalCityWxMan said:

Thanks for your input, that’s hopefully it. 

That area will get back into better snow as the deform pulls east over the next few hours, but it will be an unfortunate local screw hole with lower totals than surrounding areas...always seems to happen somewhere.