Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Nov. 25th-26th Midwest Snowstorm Potential

Malacka11

Just now, Powerball said:

One thing to watch out for in the Detroit area is how well/long does the upper level low remain closed off, and if it at least tracks over/south of the city.

If it does remain closed off and the aforementioned track does happen, could see dynamic cooling flipping over the precip to snow much more quickly and producing a few surprise inches.

12z GFS/NAM/GGEM are all close to showing this outcome.

The longer range HRRR has been hinting at a quicker change over as well, to be honest any model that has a near surface warm layer only has a very small depth to it. Also I would like to note the previous events we have had this winter have either been modeled too warm, or snowed at 34-35 anyways.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ILwxchr said:

Blizzard Warnings going up for Adams County, IL on the north end of LSX county warning area. Starting to get some graupel to mix in here in Davenport. Going to head up toward Park View area shortly once the new products drop to see what is going on. Iowa City already looks pretty snow covered.

Yeah I see blizzard warnings to the south and west of McDonough County and I'm like...almost there...

Just went outside and it's still around 38, winds are at like 20-25, no precip yet though.

Is there a reason why the NWS has not yet implemented the same point-specific warning system they use for severe weather with winter weather headlines?

For example, when a severe t'storm is poised to affect an area, instead of issuing a warning for the entire counry, an oddly shaped warning is issued only for the portion of a county will be impacted.

2 minutes ago, Kaner88 said:

Updated LOT snowfall forecast, all but eliminated the 12"+ from northeast IL. Marginal move, though, 8-12" still a force to be reckoned with

TotalSnowB2_Fcst_48hrs.png

Looks like they now have the 8"-12" covering my area... barely, but we seem to be in it. 

2 minutes ago, King James said:

Crazy here in IKK. 1 county north, WSW. 2 counties to my west, blizzard warning. A little more SE please

If we get more southeast, I will cry happy tears. I want a foot of snow, but I'm happy with the 4-8.

Also...euro run, anyone?

https://weather.us/model-charts/euro/illinois/snow-depth-in/20181126-1800z.html

• Like 1