Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
11/21-11/22 Cold/snow shower obs

ORH_wxman

36 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Same here...we were at my brother in laws place in Taunton and zero snow.  Returned to the arctic tonight.  

Strangely, as much as I like snow and winter, I wish it was more seasonable right now.  Maybe I’m getting old...

What part of Taunton? My fiancé and I moved to a condo near the high school.

all that left are bigger piles 

19 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Those graphics usually aren’t good. You need that NOHRSC graphic to depict the gold cover.

I agree, i just prefer that map because the color coding is sharp and easy to tell the difference between snow amounts. The coverage is pretty similar, better resolution on this one though.

nohrsc_full_sd.png

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Near downtown.  Fayette Place. 

One of my sisters also lives in Taunton near the Norton line. But we aren’t in contact

Nice... I grew up on that side of town... Hodges Street... lived there until my parents sold last year.

Anyway... we don’t retain well here... but we did pick up a solid 6” in that event last week 

14 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

16 as we eat. Probably coldesat holiday of season. 

Afternoon high of 9 here off the -3 low, though the 11 recorded at the previous evening's obs goes as the max.  That's 10° colder than my current mini max for November, but nowhere near the 1/-18 this past Jan. 1.  Temp had dropped below 5 last evening and then the wind re-awakened and kicked the temp up 3-4°, and I don't think we ever fully decoupled.  Low was zero or a bit under, but IZG hit -8 and HIE -11.  BML was 6-8° less cold than HIE, so being farther east cut into radiating.

10 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

I usually do breakfast* for lunch black Friday with Turkey sandwiches for dinner. 

Breakfast* shall include Eggs, bagels, bacon, English Muffins, (Thomas's of course) sausage, real home fries, pancakes or waffles. Lots of OJ and coffee* 

Cures any hangover known to man

We like the "New Jersey breakfast" for an occasional supper - eggs, cheese, and 2 slices of Taylor pork roll on an English muffin.  Of course it's Thomas's - they're the best, and that's my first name.  (We also use Tom's of Maine toothpaste. :lol:)

November temps are now 6.2° BN, and -11.7 for the 11th on.  The 11" pack ties my deepest for the month; the foot-plus storm in 2014 brought the only other double digit pack.  I also prefer the clearer colors of the less precise map.  Its having the county lines also helps me to better locate places.

16 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Afternoon high of 9 here off the -3 low, though the 11 recorded at the previous evening's obs goes as the max.  That's 10° colder than my current mini max for November, but nowhere near the 1/-18 this past Jan. 1.  Temp had dropped below 5 last evening and then the wind re-awakened and kicked the temp up 3-4°, and I don't think we ever fully decoupled.  Low was zero or a bit under, but IZG hit -8 and HIE -11.  BML was 6-8° less cold than HIE, so being farther east cut into radiating.

That's frigid. May be weeks before we see that again. :lol:  

Just now, OceanStWx said:

Just took the :weenie: for a cruise through xmACIS, and sure enough this was my earliest single digit low temp since PVD 11/24/89. 

And it's not like ITH and DVN were in bad spots for early season cold.

It really is a special airmass. JFK Smashed their record by 10 degrees! 15F for that pit. Wow.

11 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Just took the :weenie: for a cruise through xmACIS, and sure enough this was my earliest single digit low temp since PVD 11/24/89. 

And it's not like ITH and DVN were in bad spots for early season cold.

What’s the plan for CON? Is the data there or is it lost in the abyss forever?