• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
11/21-11/22 Cold/snow shower obs

ORH_wxman

James...it seems like you’re trying to force this to happen bud. I think you’ll get some snow, but idk about accums back west to where you are. It’s not an epic setup for you, but hopefully you see at least a dusting to whiten things up a bit. Those bands aren’t that heavy on radar, but there can be some brief moderate bursts in those showers...especially from pvc to cqx. I’d just sit back, grab a leftover leg of dark meat, toss some stuffing around it, and lather it all up in gravy and just let it play out. Let the tryptophan settle into your body and relax. Maybe even have some of the adult eggnog.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dendrite said:

James...it seems like you’re trying to force this to happen bud. I think you’ll get some snow, but idk about accums back west to where you are. It’s not an epic setup for you, but hopefully you see at least a dusting to whiten things up a bit. Those bands aren’t that heavy on radar, but there can be some brief moderate bursts in those showers...especially from pvc to cqx. I’d just sit back, grab a leftover leg of dark meat, toss some stuffing around it, and lather it all up in gravy and just let it play out. Let the tryptophan settle into your body and relax. Maybe even have some of the adult eggnog.

Best advice ever

11 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Lol, yeah my family says I am always too amped when it is about to snow, I get carried away with childlike enthusiasm 

5 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Rip back a couple Cuervo shots and take a couple puffs of some Berkshire blend and roll with it.

Sounds like Tequila Barry today. I texted this to Jerry.  He filled in for me at the family Tday at my sister in laws as I had to stay home with the pup recovering from surgery.

20181122_084239.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Awesome, Happy Thanksgiving to you and the family Steve.

Thanks you too, the leftovers were spectacular.  They hooked me up big time. Fat and happy, time for more football.  Momma had enough off to the rec room she goes. 

11 degrees we friggin blew away monthly records today

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Thanks you too, the leftovers were spectacular.  They hooked me up big time. Fat and happy, time for more football.  Momma had enough off to the rec room she goes. 

11 degrees we friggin blew away monthly records today

Blew by your place twice over a 3 hour span.  I did not leave home to go to Colchester till 2pm and I left Colchester at 630 to come home.  Short 3hr stay with the in-laws.  We work the next 2 days.

9 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Blew by your place twice over a 3 hour span.  I did not leave home to go to Colchester till 2pm and I left Colchester at 630 to come home.  Short 3hr stay with the in-laws.  We work the next 2 days.

Nice , traffic was probably a breeze on 395. I am about 3 miles NE of the Moosup exit. That exit is my rain snow line in marginal events. If I hit that and its snow by then I am usually gold.  Happy Thanksgiving 

13 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Similar.  It’s all good-I’m taking the staff to lunch and it won’t be turkey.

I usually do breakfast* for lunch black Friday with Turkey sandwiches for dinner. 

Breakfast* shall include Eggs, bagels, bacon, English Muffins, (Thomas's of course) sausage, real home fries, pancakes or waffles. Lots of OJ and coffee* 

Cures any hangover known to man

16F high at ORH. At midnight. Beats all time record low max for month of November by 4F. Old record was 20F on 11/30/58. 

Posted this in the banter bread but here was the scene at 330pm...temp was already back to 13F. This would have been cold for New Year's Day. Never mind Tday:

IMG_2081.JPG

IMG_2082.JPG

• Like 2

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

16F high at ORH. At midnight. Beats all time record low max for month of November by 4F. Old record was 20F on 11/30/58. 

Posted this in the banter bread but here was the scene at 330pm...temp was already back to 13F. This would have been cold for New Year's Day. Never mind Tday:

IMG_2081.JPG

IMG_2082.JPG

Full cover wow