Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
11/21-11/22 Cold/snow shower obs

ORH_wxman

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

MWN with -26°F this morning....just crushing the November record. Special airmass for 11/22.

With WCI in the -70s!
Had 1.0" between 3:30-3:45 yesterday in the squall, then another 0.1" in flurries before 5 PM, total LE 0.06".  CAA came a bit faster than I thought last evening, so my "cheap 9 PM high" was 11°.  Got down to -3 in the pre-dawn before the wind returned (now gusting in 20s with temps low singles.)  Maybe the afternoon will reach that 11, but I reset the index just in case.  Coldest November max I've recorded was 12°, Fort Kent of course, but had an afternoon high of 9° in late 1982, spoiled by the 17 at 9 the previous evening.  Would be freaky to match my N. Maine coldest where climo is almost 10° milder.

Old record for November for CHH was -19.6°C on 11/30/1958. That must be the cold shot that gave MWN their previous record. Next coldest was -16.9°C on 11/22/1987...so the same date as today.

Old CAR record was -23.7°C on 11/14/1986. They pulled a -24.5°C this morning. So new monthly records at all 3 RAOB sites this morning.

7 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

He is a special kind of stupid.  He should go rake some forests...

Don't encourage him.  Raking leaves out of forests is like taking the vitamins out of food.

Sitting at the computer, looks like a gorgeous day - bright blue sky, nearly a foot of snow with nice white blobs on the fir and hemlock branches.  Of course, when I went outside to check the max-min and bring in wood, the cold made me glad I'd wussed out on going hunting.  Doubt I'd make 30 minutes on stand, and it's usually been longer than that when deer have appeared.

• Like 1