Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
11/20 Storm Disco & Obs

DomNH

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

HRRR did nice with the band around here. 

I just took a quick look at the latest HRRR like you did.  If it is correct and you look closely, you see a heavier echo developes from Worcester through Bedford to the Northshore.  If that developes, We can catch up.

Just now, Greg said:

I just took a quick look at the HRRR like you did.  If it is correct and you look closely, you see a heavier echo developes from Worcester through Bedford to the Northshore.  If that developes, we can catch up.

Problem is, the snow is wet/ You can see drops on the edge of branches, so it won't stack up quick. Will need to come down rather steadily at the least. 

34 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'm nervous the 1-3" call for my area may bust...I had you at 2-5"....should have gone 2-5" more widespread.

Looks a little low, but not terrible. Eying it I think I’m already approaching 3”. 4-8” will probably verify broadly, away from the coast, with most areas at 5-6” sans Portland ME - east. Poor Ratios due to marginal temps are helping your forecast but the local precip max looks to be in our area. Appears to be good lift in the SGZ—seeing healthy looking aggregates. 1000 mb low doesn’t really get anyone excited but this little guy has more moisture to work with, with November SST’s, which may be contributing to the healthier looking radar returns despite the relatively feeble dynamics.

5 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Looks a little low, but not terrible. Eying it I think I’m already approaching 3”. 4-8” will probably verify broadly, away from the coast, with most areas at 5-6” sans Portland ME - east. Poor Ratios due to marginal temps are helping your forecast but the local precip max looks to be in our area. Appears to be good lift in the SGZ—seeing healthy looking aggregates. 1000 mb low doesn’t really get anyone excited but this little guy has more moisture to work with, with November SST’s, which may be contributing to the healthier looking radar returns despite the relatively feeble dynamics.

Not in N Mass, though....I think 4-8" is high.

Just now, tamarack said:

25 miles to your NE, we're somewhere between 1/4" and 1/2".  Despite upper 20s temp, snow rate is so light that nothing is accumulating on pavement, or even on the cars in the parking lot.

Roads are wet and bare here and the called off classes today which was absolutely unnecessary.

9 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

I think 3-6" will verify somewhat more broadly. The 7-8" looks hard to get to. The heaviest precip will mostly be south around the MA/NH/ southeast NH boarder.  Not saying break off banding can't occur where you are but looking at radar and latest HRRR seem to be on track for this right now..

Yeah guidance showed an area of more defined lift (albeit narrow) and stuff not so smooth and sustained on either side. Also, if the airmass was colder, you'd probably have more smooth and sustained echoes from dendrite production. Still, I think some forget what November should be like....and it's not like this. 

• Like 3