Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
11/20 Storm Disco & Obs

DomNH

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

Def mid winter look tonight.  Lots of black ice too

I just slid about 30ft on black ice coming back from Market Basket. There's patchy dense 1/4SM FZFG down around the Winni River, but clear as a bell up here. It looks magical out there with everything caked in 7" of snow with the full moon. 28F and droppin.

13 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I'd probably have a WWA issued for black ice right now. My area usually isn't bad, but most of my route down rt3 into downtown Tilton was a skating rink. I'm sure the rest of the state has spots just as bad.

Yeah, it's awful with the slush freezing up. I had to work hard to drive around the town tonight.

31 minutes ago, CTValleySnowMan said:

Pretty icy here as well, almost fell on my a** takin the garbage out,  ended up doing the uncomfortable splits.  Pack is down to piles.  Oh well nice start anyways congrats up north. 

Just had the same experience. It's an icy fog night.

Verification:

https://easternmassweather.blogspot.com/2018/11/1120-verification.html

Did better than the last one...perfect across SNE, a little light over NH. I'm nailing Mass so far this season, but struggling a nit to the south (CT last event) and north (NH this event). The bust in CT last ever was worse.

165036636_ScreenShot2018-11-20at11_31_18PM.thumb.png.309e75fe3684cce7f5086544e36b7fff.png

• Like 1

Totals from the immediate area. Everyone is pretty much in line. I may have lost a tiny bit of liquid from the bottom of my core.

Tilton-Northfield 3.3 NE    7.8"  0.64"
Sanbornton 2.3 WNW      7.8"  0.52"
Belmont 1.7 SW              7.7"  0.62"
Northfield 1 W  (me)        7.5"  0.50"
Northfield 2.8 E               7.4"  0.53"

8 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Verification:

https://easternmassweather.blogspot.com/2018/11/1120-verification.html

Did better than the last one...perfect across SNE, a little light over NH. I'm nailing Mass so far this season, but struggling a nit to the south (CT last event) and north (NH this event). The bust in CT last ever was worse.

165036636_ScreenShot2018-11-20at11_31_18PM.thumb.png.309e75fe3684cce7f5086544e36b7fff.png

There was zero accumulation from Northampton to Brattleboro under 1000 feet.  CTRV at it's finest.

Got about 1.6 inches here.  Snow really struggled to accumulate.  But still a nice.  Some of the amounts in New Hampshire look a little high do to the snow board method but generally 3-5" with lolies to about 6-7".  Pretty tough to get this storm going.  Will said it best, too many competing atmospheric forces to get something real going.  Oh well, we wait for the next one.