Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
11/20 Storm Disco & Obs

DomNH

2 hours ago, dryslot said:

One of the loopholes.

I think the bill passed last session closed that loophole, but it's not being enforced, probably because LEOs don't want to waste time on pinches that will get dismissed in court once the retail sales rules are in place.  One other thing in that bill changed how towns can deal with retail sales.  The referendum came with the assumption that towns would allow such outlets unless they specifically passed an ordinance (or some such) to prohibit it.  Now towns would have to pass that "some such" specifically to allow retail, which (IIRC) is how alcohol outlets have been regulated.

Snow finally began falling at a rate sufficient to put slush (and then white) on windshields about 1 PM, and it's been moderate since then - looks like about an inch.  Those dark greens seem to be staying just south of the residence, though our neighbor posted on FB about shoveling the porch for the 4th time this month. 

7 hours ago, dendrite said:

1.8”/0.15” as of 615am. Easily over 2” now. 

31.7° and moderate.

Latest core was 4.7"/0.31". Big difference in the wintriness look from the bottom of the hill to the top (400ft).

6.5"/0.46"...not bad. It's like a high ratio wet snow...if that makes sense. Reminds me a little of October '11 on a smaller scale.

31.2° -SN currently

5 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Nope, All outdoor grow, But i can tell you the soil you need, I also use it on the veggies and have tomatoes the size of pumpkins.........................:)

Avocados like really good drainage. I almost treat them like cacti (I use a succulent mix for them). I water them deep and then leave them for a couple weeks.

6 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

Do tell! Around here the big hit with soil additives is ground up seashells

That works, I use a product from Fox Farm as well, But i have a friend of a friend that provides all the soil for the ones that use it in there grow houses, Its called hot mix and i usually blend in only a third of that in with a potting mix blend that i mix on a tarp then test the alkaline/acid and add the proper nutrients to get it to where i want it by adding more cal/mag or nitrogen and potash.

2 minutes ago, bobbutts said:

5" and change here by the ruler method here.. surely compacted some due to it being wet

CON seemed to really pick up in intensity around the time I pulled in at 8am. Looks like the ASOS was mostly moderate through noon.

Down to 30.9° with a steadier -SN.

6 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

30.9F  Steady light snow.   6"  Vis is about 1 mile.   Really beautiful snow.  No wind and temps 31 to 32F have laced all the trees.

apple.jpg

Nice Gene, love that look.

Seems a lot like the last event up here in that it was like fluffy but wet snow for most of the event.  Stacks really nicely on the trees.

Only an inch or so up here.