...A BAND OF LAKE EFFECT SNOW WILL AFFECT EASTERN JEFFERSON...LEWIS
AND NORTHEASTERN OSWEGO COUNTIES...

At 801 PM EST, A band of lake effect snow producing snow fall rates
of 1 to 2 inches per hour will continue across southern and eastern
Jefferson County, northern and western Lewis County, and northern
Oswego County. The heavier snow will only last for less than an hour
in any one location, but will result in deteriorating travel
conditions.

This includes Interstate 81 between exits 36 and 47.

Conditions can deteriorate rapidly in winter weather situations. Be
prepared for snow or ice covered roads. Slow down and allow extra
time when traveling.

13 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Boy, the forecasted pattern for the long range is all over the place. Backdoor cold fronts, clippers, southeast lows, possible cutter or two...

Yeah every model shows something different. Starting tomorrow for the next week it will be around 40 and partly cloudy every day. Pretty boring weather for what is typically peak lake effect season off of Erie. :thumbsdown:

Although this weather has been/will be boring, this is very good for us in the Susquehanna/Delaware River watersheds (and I think most of upstate NY).  We needed a prolonged cold/dry spell to let water run off.  1.5 weeks ago I was afraid we were one good rain event away from major flooding.  As much as I love snow, I’m considering us lucky to be getting this dry weather.  

Transition period is all, no biggie!  No real warmth in site or real cold for that matter so a boring period right before the real activity begins!  We need Synoptic events, simple as that, and I know you guys downwind of Erie and Ontario are waiting on that elusive blockbuster.  Unless we get some kind of serious pattern change, we'll be hard pressed to get any moisture in here.  We need moisture and a good pattern and we're not in it.  

Upstate New York, according to models, looks to be one of the very few places across the country to have a chance, albeit not much, accumulating snow over the next week.

I have had constant snow cover for over a month...so while it has been somewhat boring, we are faring much better than most. Just check the other subs out. Lots ready to "cancel winter." This is especially true for the SNE and Mid-Atlantic crews.

14 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Upstate New York, according to models, looks to be one of the very few places across the country to have a chance, albeit not much, accumulating snow over the next week.

I have had constant snow cover for over a month...so while it has been somewhat boring, we are faring much better than most. Just check the other subs out. Lots ready to "cancel winter." This is especially true for the SNE and Mid-Atlantic crews.

Yeah, it's been full on winter here for almost the last month. 4-5" of wet snow on the ground and cold temps last few days. I'm all about snow falling (especially high rate LES), don't really care about the snowcover as much. Going to be at least another 2 weeks before our next LES event. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Yeah, it's been full on winter here for almost the last month. 4-5" of wet snow on the ground and cold temps last few days. I'm all about snow falling (especially high rate LES), don't really care about the snowcover as much. Going to be at least another 2 weeks before our next LES event. 

Oh, I love it all. Biggest disappointment for me has obviously been the lack of any good west wind lake snows. Glad we got those two synoptic events in November...otherwise we would be singing a similar tune on here as the other subs.

Euro has something but its confused as it doesnt want to commit to any one solution. Man the models are surely confused about this pattern that's for certain. With all the variables in play this yr, it may be a rough yr for all the models, excluding the SR meso's of course. Its just tough to believe anything the models say right now and that sucks, lol, even within 3 days it seems like.

The light snow we receive early Morning through tomorrow morning was first forecasted to traverse PA and head off the Jersey coast and now its heading straight east into New England?? Models had this happening during yesterdays runs, so models have no clue right now so I would take it all with a grain of salt, at least I am.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk