• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

33 minutes ago, Shea said:

One system gave us 8 inches of snow but we didn’t have the blower yet. That was actually the storm that convinced us to buy one. Since then nothing of note, at least on Drum. I think Watertown has been luckier. 

Looking forward to hearing reports...especially when you get some SW flow events!

• Like 1

I'm not just talking about composite reflectivity. The overall upper level pattern is not conducive to anything of magnitude off of Erie, looks a little better off the tug. You can pick out the right conditions for a LES event well in advance. I remember posting about this one over a week ago. 

The results of a raging Pacific. 

ecmwf-ens_T850a_us_10.png

1 hour ago, wolfie09 said:

Great tool if your looking to resize images, videos, gif etc..

Also turn videos into GIF as you can see by my sig..

Been playing around with it for about a week, really enjoying it so far..

https://ezgif.com/resize

That gif is so pleasing to my eyes, nothing is better than a long duration LES event. If that happens off Ontario this year i'll be there. What event is in your GIF? I'm going to do one for the Nov 2014 event when I get home. 

1 minute ago, wolfie09 said:

What else would it be HAHA

I had to cut some time off, for sure lol

L_label.png.5dd260a98099281b1a3bddd7c6710ac4.png

I was living in Cheektowaga at the time of this event and my Eden friends got stuck at my house for a few days. We had nothing on the ground. If Erie wasn't mostly frozen we would of had triple the snow they got down there. Think the max was 42" off Erie. 142" off Ontario. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TugHillMatt said:

That event map makes my mouth water....this area was socked. Locals have mentioned several events that have dropped 100 to 150 inches in a week during their lifetimes.

I have a book of the last 150 years of Buffalos biggest snowstorms, I wonder if they have one for Ontario. Buffalo has had 5-6  70"+ snow storms in its history, pretty impressive. 2014 definitely should have had some 100"+ totals with the liquid equivalent of 6-7". 

20 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I would definitely still play. =)

:P Wish you were closer...my wife and I love to play. We played on an intramural team back in Michigan.

17 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I have a book of the last 150 years of Buffalos biggest snowstorms, I wonder if they have one for Ontario. Buffalo has had 5-6  70"+ snow storms in its history, pretty impressive. 2014 definitely should have had some 100"+ totals with the liquid equivalent of 6-7". 

It is amazing to me that people put a great amount of time and money into the development of such specific books. Love it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

:P Wish you were closer...my wife and I love to play. We played on an intramural team back in Michigan.

It is amazing to me that people put a great amount of time and money into the development of such specific books. Love it.

My wife is terrible, but I'm a mid/high intermediate player. It's a fascinating book, there are some storms in there that have very little to no documentation. Would love to see one of the events off of Ontario. 

• Like 1

That would be about 5.5 inches for me with 10:1.

Came down to Pulaski and it looks like a completely different world down here. Only snow is teeny tiny snow piles. As soon as you get past Orwell, that changes.

Snow showers were already accumulating up in Redfield as we left. Here....nada.

Ready to get back to my snowy landscape already. :)

Pulaski in picture:

IMG_20181203_162740.jpg

They have had only piles for a few days now lol

My girl is the assistant manager at RAC, so i'm in pulaski quiet often for one thing or another..

I'm barely hanging on thanks to the fog machine someone set off last night..

Thought i was gonna get a way with a few inches, not so lucky..

• Like 1

My favorite book! I’m always flipping through it referencing old storms. Said he and some helpers spent months sifting through thousands of old newspapers at the library and history museum to chronicle all the storms.

Kinda makes you think how with all of today’s technology we are losing our link to the past. Google wouldn’t be able to return any search results on probably 95% of the storms mentioned in the book. Only way to find any info would be good old fashion library hunting. Just try to google Buffalo’s biggest 24 hour snowfall 1995 and you can maybe find 1-2 articles on the storm. Quite honestly historical events prior to 2000 don’t have much record any more in the internet age...

On a side note the author of the book also had some pretty interesting research topics published in the late 80s while he attended Oswego. Did a lot of work on lightning in lake effect storms and later helped to establish an improved national lightning detection network.

• Like 3