• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

Some Meso models showed rain for Pulaski, but I didn’t believe it because everywhere else was snowing..

Gotta give NWS credit, they put Pulaski at 1” and nailed it..

The warming from the lake halted 2 miles to my west, from nothing to double digits and this wasn’t even a true LES event lol

• Like 1

We have a coastal storm and clipper potential between dec 5th-7th, being shown on all LR Guidance..

Euro had a beautiful w/wsw flow event in the middle of next week but we know how that can turn out lol 

Only matter of time before me and Matt see a true westerly flow, December is usually a great month for those east of the lake..

7F2715FA-39C2-4FEB-9A5E-DBEB1EECE673.png

2 hours ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

awesome how are the roads?

They're clear! It would take a foot of snow over night to be messed up but would quickly be cleared...as to your other question it mainly takes a 240 vector wind to hit much of Northern Erie including metro buffalo, Amherst, Williamsville and the Tonawandas...yesterday was more of a synoptic/lake enhanced hybrid event with some convergence areas north and south of buffalo including Williamsville.

1 minute ago, tim123 said:

Nice band in Rochester now. Tonite we mage get as much snow as we did last night. Dave How s it looking in your back yard?

Decent snowfall. It’s not sticking on anything but where snow already is. I guess pretty inneffecient at 35- go figure. 

Several meso models show .4-.5” qpf falling thru tonight. At 5:1 we’d pickup another 2”. 

Just now, wolfie09 said:

We’ve had a nice burst of snow the last hour or so, flakes seem much “fluffier”..

To bad the radar is not working as usual, probably wouldn’t show much anyway lol

WTF! Montague goesdown like clockwork every event. Some of the duct tape or super glue must’ve gotten wet again. 

• Haha 1

Sorry been a busy day. Finished a smidge under 5” here which has already melted and compacted to about 2.5-3”. Was in quite the relative snow hole but am happy that this overachieved in the northtowns in seemed! Now let’s get a nice SW flow event to sit over “the transition zone” Steve and I always seem to be in. 

2 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

Some Meso models showed rain for Pulaski, but I didn’t believe it because everywhere else was snowing..

Gotta give NWS credit, they put Pulaski at 1” and nailed it..

The warming from the lake halted 2 miles to my west, from nothing to double digits and this wasn’t even a true LES event lol

Have you been in town to see this is actually the case? What a sight.

1 hour ago, wolfie09 said:

We have a coastal storm and clipper potential between dec 5th-7th, being shown on all LR Guidance..

Euro had a beautiful w/wsw flow event in the middle of next week but we know how that can turn out lol 

Only matter of time before me and Matt see a true westerly flow, December is usually a great month for those east of the lake..

I sure hope so! :)

Snow has been heavier this afternoon and evening than it was this morning.

• Like 1

I chased with LEK one yr, can't remember which, but we got under a band that was producing, no exaggeration 8"/hr and Lake Effect King can vouch for that cause we actually parked for 20 minutes. During that 20 minutes we cleaned off the roof of my Jeep Liberty and watched it accumulate for 15 minutes and in that 15 minutes it accumulated 2", lol!  I sat there in amazement as it piled up and it was the most spectacular snow event I ever experienced and as we left, within 10 miles South, we were in Sunshine, lol!

• Like 3