• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Upstate/Eastern New York

Just now, WesterlyWx said:

Even when intensity picks up a bit which isn’t too much the flakes are TINY. It looks like sugar crystals so it’s really having a tough time accumulating much even with a temperature of 30.6 degrees. 

There was lots of grauple at highest elevations with 29-30 degs temp 

1 hour ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

The one place the NWS had nothing, no warnings or adv's the whole time we we're tracking this event, are getting crushed, and thats the Niagara Escarpment, meanwhile 

I'm under a warning with flurries fallling, lol!

It seems the radar is crushing up there for many events, but never see pics or hear of reports. 

31 minutes ago, vortmax said:

It seems the radar is crushing up there for many events, but never see pics or hear of reports. 

I agree, I guess no one's in Niagara County to get a report from, but that's hard to believe, no?  Anyway, over here, on the other side of the Lake its still snizzling outside with a temp of 32F but still quite a bit of drip, drip going on, which I absolutely despise.  Anyway, it looks juicy up North but by the time it reaches us its all used up, lol, practically dries out.  Nothing is going on to my South, like South of Syracuse around Tully and Cortland where the highest totals are expected to be so IDK what's going on.

3 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

I agree, I guess no one's in Niagara County to get a report from, but that's hard to believe, no?  Anyway, over here, on the other side of the Lake its still snizzling outside with a temp of 32F but still quite a bit of drip, drip going on, which I absolutely despise.  Anyway, it looks juicy up North but by the time it reaches us its all used up, lol, practically dries out.  Nothing is going on to my South, like South of Syracuse around Tully and Cortland where the highest totals are expected to be so IDK what's going on.

Yeah, this has been an odd system to observe and try to figure out.

Looks good on its approach but as it gets closer it pretty much disappears. The flake size was forecasted well by most guidance when I looked at the soundings from KFZY yesterday.  Snow growth didn't look good at all for pretty much the whole event but I figured with abundant synoptic moisture pretty much up tp 300MB so I didn't think it would be a big deal, but it always is, lol.  Definitely not gonna radar watch all night thats for sure, but ill check the cell periodically and also check in here once in a while. 

Since I've lived here, every time an event was forecasted such as this one, with a stacked LP over VT and NH that just sits and spins for 48hrs,, was forecasted, it never under-performed, never, but there's a first time for everything I supose, lol!.

Temps are a huge huge issue and I mentioned this days ago but was hoping it got a bit colder cause it was at -7C and -8C but we're sitting at -6 and its -12 at the west end of Lake Erie.  I seriously wish winds were out of the SW or WSW for at least a day before they went WNW or NW cause -6C is just not gonna cut it.

850mb_sf.gif?1543373564341

6 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

Looks good on its approach but as it gets closer it pretty much disappears. The flake size was forecasted well by most guidance when I looked at the soundings from KFZY yesterday.  Snow growth didn't look good at all for pretty much the whole event but I figured with abundant synoptic moisture pretty much up tp 300MB so I didn't think it would be a big deal, but it always is, lol.  Definitely not gonna radar watch all night thats for sure, but ill check the cell periodically and also check in here once in a while. 

Since I've lived here, every time an event was forecasted such as this one, with a stacked LP over VT and NH that just sits and spins for 48hrs,, was forecasted, it never under-performed, never, but there's a first time for everything I supose, lol!.

But is it underperforming on qpf? 

Im in complete agreement. This setup is usually gold. Maybe give it a few more hours.