• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

43 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Its unreal how variable the possible outcomes are for most locations with this event, from model to model. Best to keep expectations in check unless you have some elevation going for you. Ugh.

Nah, we're good but I wouldn't want to be within 10 miles of the lake cause they are going to be affected by the warmer waters off the Lake.  KBGM went with warnings which surprised me so now I feel a bit more confident :thumbsup:

22 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

I think from Hamburg to South Buffalo sees less then 2” of additional accumulation for the whole event. I think northtowns see 2-4”. Flow is terrible for Southtowns until you get elevation.

It looks ugly for the near southtowns. I’m only a little more optimistic for downtown through the northtowns.

6 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

Those NWS maps are the worst product they produce I think cause they are never, and I mean, NEVER right, lol!

Stop looking at them and putting so much faith in them!  It's like you never learn...lol  They are just worst case scenario maps from the get go  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

Nah, we're good but I wouldn't want to be within 10 miles of the lake cause they are going to be affected by the warmer waters off the Lake.  KBGM went with warnings which surprised me so now I feel a bit more confident :thumbsup:

I hear ya and agree. KBGM usually more stingy but...those warnings address counties with elevation...they dont split CWAs other than Oneida. So I think 4-6" here is probably good.

9 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

Good to here Anthony ..

Had to leave the city to see some snow huh :weenie::lol:

My friends and I were planning a trip up there since September. My friend is a huge Met fans and never been there.

We arrived there yesterday morning and I just got back home to nyc an hour ago. It's a ghost town there. I didn't know some stores were closed.

All the stores closed at 6. We were bored at night lol

8 hours ago, CNY_WX said:

Cooperstown will be a zoo on Hall of Fame weekend next year when Mariano Rivera gets inducted. It’ll be even worse when Jeter gets in. 

I might be going back next summer

7 hours ago, cny rider said:

I'm just outside town, on a hill about 400 feet above you in the village.

I just shoveled lead density snow.   Anywhere from wet spots to about 4 inches depending on where you walk in the driveway.

Unbelievable how much that snow weighs.

I wish I lived up there.

Nice and peaceful

5 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

https://imgur.com/a/59X0Jnz

can see the depth in this one 

So that's what it looks like when these little white things stick together...well arlt least it's snowing decently in Williamsville and finally accumulating on everything. Still think about 3 to 5 but if the temps continue towards that 27 degree mark it could make more beneficial accumulation.

3 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

So that's what it looks like when these little white things stick together...well arlt least it's snowing decently in Williamsville and finally accumulating on everything. Still think about 3 to 5 but if the temps continue towards that 27 degree mark it could make more beneficial accumulation.

My grandma lives in Williamsville, NY, how is the snow coming?

We're in a bit of a lull at the moment but it looks like  areas to our South like Cortland, Otsego, Deleware and Thompkins counties are all gonna do real well for this set-up.  You may be right Brian as I see places to our South seeing much more than what you or I will see especially Cortland County.  I seriously might have to jump in the ride and head down to Cortland  to see a good ole fashioned snow storm!

Just got back. 3" in Hamburg 4-5" in Eden, 6-7" in Collins, 10-15" across the Perrysburg hills. Silvercreek had less then Hamburg. Elevation was everything, I went from 12" to 2" in 1/2 mile. Overall impressed with the depth of the snow, but the rate of snowfall was not as high as I expected. Less then 1" per hour in the highest returns. 

...Cattaraugus County...
   Perrysburg            10.0   430 PM 11/27  Co-Op Observer
   Gowanda                4.0   500 PM 11/27  Trained Spotter

...Erie County...
   3 NE Boston            9.0   700 PM 11/27  CoCoRaHS
   Aurora                 7.1   700 PM 11/27  NWS Employee
   Buffalo Airport        1.2   700 PM 11/27  NWS Office
   Tonawanda              0.5   730 PM 11/27  Trained Spotter

...Jefferson County...
   Watertown              1.9   630 PM 11/27  Snow Spotter

...Monroe County...
   Rochester Airport      0.5   700 PM 11/27  ASOS

14 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Just got back. 3" in Hamburg 4-5" in Eden, 6-7" in Collins, 10-15" across the Perrysburg hills. Silvercreek had less then Hamburg. Elevation was everything, I went from 12" to 2" in 1/2 mile. Overall impressed with the depth of the snow, but the rate of snowfall was not as high as I expected. Less then 1" per hour in the highest returns. 

It must be because temperatures are pretty warm and the snow is a slushy wet snow which shows up as higher reflectivities vs a dry powdery snow. Bet somewhere on the Chautauqua Ridge lands up over 2 feet.