• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

I don't think lower elevations across my area, especially the Cuse, receives more than a slushy inch or perhaps less through the day into tomorrow evening then things may change as we get to about 31F when the most accumulations are expected. Wednesday into Thursday looks ok, as well, temp wise, so all in all, we have to get through tomorrow to get rid of mixing issues then it may accumulate efficiently.

• Like 1

This isn't bad at all, unless we're expecting 18" with every event then I guess it is, lol, but to me, I'll take this any day but that's just me!  I know your itchin to get that band that sits over you for 8-10 straight hrs when it coming down 2-3"/hr bro, cause I would feel the same way, but its inevitable for you but for us, we gotta take what we can get when we can get it.  You know all about it.

ecmwf_tsnow_syracuse_21.thumb.png.9f31e0a092c7087926a850b874eadd03.png

Erie PA, the new snow capitol of the East, lol!

• Sad 1

Earlier forecast had the changeover tomorrow after 11 am..

Not that it's going to amount to much..

Tonight
Snow showers. Low around 34. East wind 6 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
Tuesday
Snow showers. Areas of blowing snow after 1pm. High near 35. Breezy, with a north wind 6 to 11 mph becoming northwest 16 to 21 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
Tuesday Night
Snow. Low around 32. West wind around 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
Wednesday
Snow before 4pm, then snow showers after 4pm. High near 34. Northwest wind 11 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
Wednesday Night
Snow showers. Low around 32. Northwest wind around 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

This infrared shot looks like things are getting going quickly wrt the Coastal!  You can see returns coming out of the S&E once again with the cold front approaching from the West with the colder pocket of air we need for the changeover!

Too bad it won't let me show it.  I think this system has some tricks up its sleeve and KBGM alluded to this earlier.  Definitely elevation driven, but when is LE elevation driven?

It took them long enough to give in to the fact that this is may not be a TUG HILL event, exclusively, like some of the models were showing earlier in the week!  That retrograding LP got everyone thinking, including me for a time, but thats not coming close to even occurring now!  

KBUF
A surface low will move across the region tonight with rain ending.
A colder airmass will follow with bands lake effect developing
overnight, first east and southeast of Lake Erie, and then later on
Tuesday southeast of Lake Ontario. Snow amounts will be highest
over higher terrain, with snow bands continuing through at
least Wednesday. Drier weather should return, at least for a
short time, for Thursday or Thursday night.