• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

hey guys  i know its early and still a few days out but what are the early projections for the wind flw for this upcoming lake effect efect..do you think the winds can veer for a 290 degree flow for a time so that the city of oswego can get into the lake effect band..im wondering if that band that sets up tuesday will meander around to the south or for the most part will it be confined mainly to the tug on more of a 270 degree flow...let me know your guys thoughts??

Euro was a little "whiter" with the synoptic system..

kbgm

One point of
uncertainty, is that ECMWF has slowed down the exit of the
system Monday, with upper low opening and getting pulled back
somewhat towards a larger upper low descending into the western
Great Lakes. This could mean a period of rain changing to wet
snow across the northern zones Monday night, before the
already-expected transition to a lake effect snow regime
Tuesday through Thursday.

Monday
Rain before 5pm, then rain and snow. High near 42. Southeast wind 11 to 14 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Monday Night
Snow showers. Low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

The Euro is suffering from something because it simply makes no sense given its H500 depiction for next week and beyond.  Besides that, its once again suffering from its usual bias of holding back energy in the West, creating an ever present trough in the West, or so it seems.  Any prolonged warm periods the models see, need to be questioned, imo, considering the curent state of some of our bigger players on the field.  You simply can't have an Alution Low present, with out some kind of downstream ridging, which would put a ridge along the WC and then a trough in the East, pretty simple stuff, but somehow it see's ridging all the way to the EC, sorry, not gonna happen!

• Like 1

I have been down in sunny 60 degree Tennessee the past few days, so haven't been paying too much attention. Will be home on Monday. Stupid GFS...consistently showed West wind for days and then changes its tune. On the EURO, I am just below the 2" line. I will gladly take the Icon, as a west wind perfectly nails my location. Looks like between Carol and me...somebody will get quite the snowfall....hedged slightly in her favor. She does better in a sw wind...

That hasn’t stopped the NWS lol

The ECMWF has been the more climatologically realistic looking of
the packages.

The 00z guidance from
both models show much more run to run consistency with the ECMWF
while the GFS is starting to `come around` to the ECMWF solution.
This makes sense climatologically..and also due to the fact that the
ECMWF has notably better assimilation of initial data than its
counterpart

6 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

I have been down in sunny 60 degree Tennessee the past few days, so haven't been paying too much attention. Will be home on Monday. Stupid GFS...consistently showed West wind for days and then changes its tune. On the EURO, I am just below the 2" line. I will gladly take the Icon, as a west wind perfectly nails my location. Looks like between Carol and me...somebody will get quite the snowfall....hedged slightly in her favor. She does better in a sw wind...

I think your in a better spot than Carol for this event but we'll see.

14 hours ago, mattny88 said:

hey guys  i know its early and still a few days out but what are the early projections for the wind flw for this upcoming lake effect efect..do you think the winds can veer for a 290 degree flow for a time so that the city of oswego can get into the lake effect band..im wondering if that band that sets up tuesday will meander around to the south or for the most part will it be confined mainly to the tug on more of a 270 degree flow...let me know your guys thoughts??

Not looking all that good right now as the band may stay just to your North the majority of the time so don't look at the radar the next few days cause you just might break whatever device your watching it on, lol!