• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

1 hour ago, WesterlyWx said:

Why? ROR was an overrated centerman with a bad attitude. Team is infused with young talent with Middlestadt and Dahlin as well as Eichel, Okposo, Rinehart, Pominville all stepping up in a big way then add in the offseason additions of Skinner, Sheary, Bergland, Sobotka, and a very competent goalie with Hutton and it's no surprise they're playing as well as they are. This is a good team with people who actually want to be here now. 

Because we lost our best player from last year. Set the record in faceoff wins, a great defensive player, and a leader (I thought). He's playing incredible in St. Louis, well over a point per game. I think the biggest difference this year is the skill level of Skinner, Dahlin, and most importantly improving our goalie situation. Hutton has stopped so many odd man rushes and breakaways. 

Advance stats suggest we're getting more pts than we should and we should expect a regression to the mean, but man is this team fun to watch!

25th in expected goals (xG)
19th in corsi for %
19th in fenwick for %
24th in scoring chances for %
24th in high danger scoring chances for %

8 hours ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

How did Buffalo do with the snow this morning?  I could see my own snowstorm here on the coast of Cape Cod, from Ocean Effect Snows, the equivalent to Lake Effect Snows you guys get.  It could be a dangerous day to travel tomorrow here.

I could mow my lawn tomorrow if that answers your question... lol 

24 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Next weeks LES potential analogs. (Mean)

Wow, that’s a great look. Kind of a spread the wealth synoptic/lake enhancement setup. Localized snow screw jobs aside, this has been a pretty incredible stretch of late fall/early winter weather.  Even IMBY where accumulations have been light, snow has been in the air more frequently than I can remember for any previous November. 

1 hour ago, wolfie09 said:

The evolution/track of the synoptic system will obviously determine who gets what..

Probably take several more days to start having an idea..

icon_asnow_neus_61.png

This is an instance of how Watertown can be jackpotted by a 240 flow off Ontario while Springville gets buried under a 270 flow off Erie (leaving Buffalo partly cloudy and bone dry). We’ve seen this at least a half dozen times in the last few years.

6 hours ago, WNash said:

This is an instance of how Watertown can be jackpotted by a 240 flow off Ontario while Springville gets buried under a 270 flow off Erie (leaving Buffalo partly cloudy and bone dry). We’ve seen this at least a half dozen times in the last few years.

8 hours ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

Wow, that’s a great look. Kind of a spread the wealth synoptic/lake enhancement setup. Localized snow screw jobs aside, this has been a pretty incredible stretch of late fall/early winter weather.  Even IMBY where accumulations have been light, snow has been in the air more frequently than I can remember for any previous November. 

If you can get that thing to pivot all the way to Michigan, We will be in business my friend! B)

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Because we lost our best player from last year. Set the record in faceoff wins, a great defensive player, and a leader (I thought). He's playing incredible in St. Louis, well over a point per game. I think the biggest difference this year is the skill level of Skinner, Dahlin, and most importantly improving our goalie situation. Hutton has stopped so many odd man rushes and breakaways. 

Advance stats suggest we're getting more pts than we should and we should expect a regression to the mean, but man is this team fun to watch!

25th in expected goals (xG)
19th in corsi for %
19th in fenwick for %
24th in scoring chances for %
24th in high danger scoring chances for %

Leaders make teams better...every team ROR has left has been remarkably better the next year. Check it out for yourself...the avs got better, now the sabres got better, subsequently he came to us we got worse now they just fired their coach in St. Louis. Points and faceoff wins mean nothing just ask Connor mcdavid. We are MUCH better without him. Addition by subtraction. Same with Kane.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Leaders make teams better...every team ROR has left has been remarkably better the next year. Check it out for yourself...the avs got better, now the sabres got better, subsequently he came to us we got worse now they just fired their coach in St. Louis. Points and faceoff wins mean nothing just ask Connor mcdavid. We are MUCH better without him. Addition by subtraction. Same with Kane.

I agree, such a breath of fresh air this year with this team.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! 

• Like 2