Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
November/December Medium/Long Range Disco

WinterWxLuvr

1 hour ago, nj2va said:

Overnight EPS breaks down the -NAO in early December but what’s nice to see is its neutral while higher heights are still in the AO domain.  PAC isn’t hostile either.  Strange feeling good going into December...

Yeah the EPS was never as enthusiastic with the NA blocking as the GEFS in the LR, and even less so now. The AO state is the most important feature as we head into Dec IMO, and looking at the MSLP anomaly panels I see orange and not a blue ball towards the pole, so I would say we are on track. Plus the PAC look improves quite a bit towards day 15.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AfewUniversesBelowNormal said:

That storms a mess, but it's going to verify as something frozen I think. 

What we know. A series of Arctic air masses move SE. The first will reach us Thursday,  but it's just a kiss. A warm core Storm will develope in strong warm air advection as, "kiss," moves off shore. Then, ridge developes rapidly over Rockies at 500mb. Then, the table is set.

Scud

2 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Yeah the EPS was never as enthusiastic with the NA blocking as the GEFS in the LR, and even less so now. The AO state is the most important feature as we head into Dec IMO, and looking at the MSLP anomaly panels I see orange and not a blue ball towards the pole, so I would say we are on track. Plus the PAC look improves quite a bit towards day 15.

Absolutely.  I never thought we’d see a steady -NAO for a long period of time but its nice to see we can actually get a -NAO in winter. ;)  

No big blue ball of death over Alaska either which reinforces the favorable PAC we’re seeing at the end of the run. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, yoda said:

Saw that... looked intriguing though.  Wonder if any of the GEFS members will pick up on it and show a storm for us

Glad we're getting more than just one shot at some good wintry precip through the end of November + first week of December. Hopefully we can get some pre game snow and then hit the unlikely jackpot when the NAO breaks down. Climo areas favored of course

13 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

Glad we're getting more than just one shot at some good wintry precip through the end of November + first week of December. Hopefully we can get some pre game snow and then hit the unlikely jackpot when the NAO breaks down. Climo areas favored of course

Even the break down of the NAO might be good timing.  Rebuild in time for the holidays.  Never going to see wall to wall blocking we all know that.  

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic