Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Nov 15/16 First Weenie Obs

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

...RAIN WILL TRANSITION TO A BRIEF PERIOD OF SNOW BEFORE ENDING
THIS AFTERNOON BUT RENEWED SLIPPERY TRAVEL MAY OCCUR ACROSS
NORTHERN CONNECTICUT AND INTERIOR MASSACHUSETTS...

RAIN WILL TRANSITION TO A BRIEF PERIOD OF SNOW THIS MORNING ACROSS
PORTIONS OF NORTHERN CONNECTICUT AND WESTERN/CENTRAL
MASSACHUSETTS. THE SNOW MAY FALL BRIEFLY HEAVY AT TIMES AND A
QUICK ONE HALF TO TWO INCHES MAY FALL IN SOME LOCATIONS ALONG WITH
POOR VISIBILITY. ROADS THAT ARE WET MAY BECOME SNOW COVERED AND
SLIPPERY AGAIN WITH POOR VISIBILITY FOR A TIME THIS MORNING.
CONDITIONS SHOULD IMPROVE THIS AFTERNOON AS ANY ACCUMULATING SNOW
WILL PRETTY MUCH BE COMING TO AN END.

Enjoy!

4 minutes ago, Professional Lurker said:

Just got done with the driveway.  Light sleet with flakes mixed in.  Guesstimate 7" compacted.

Complete leaf debacle.  Took a pic of my yard disaster but the file is too big to upload.

Back to snow here.  I was lucky enough to have Monday off so I spent a good chunk of the day on the yard work/ leaves.  

A few ugly oak leaves came down on to of the snow so it looks nasty

Backlash snow!

• Like 1

1.15 melted equivalent. Heavy heavy stuff. I snowblew the driveway a little problem with the back, had to sit down every 15 minutes but ok. Wife did all the shoveling.  Awesome event cept the leaves from that tremendous gust which rocked the house. Lots of branches down in the woods and back yard. That will have to wait until spring when I am better

20181116_070139.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

1.15 melted equivalent. Heavy heavy stuff. I snowblew the driveway a little problem with the back, had to sit down every 15 minutes but ok. Wife did all the shoveling.  Awesome event cept the leaves from that tremendous gust which rocked the house. Lots of branches down in the woods and back yard. That will have to wait until spring when I am better

20181116_070139.jpg

Nice.  Quite the leaf disaster, ftl.

It's ripping up here right now--wind and snow with good flakes.  Is that batch along the CT/MA line heading due east or NE?  It would be great to have that pass through, but it might be scooting east OTS.

This reminds me a bit of when I was in Geneva NY during a storm.  The wind was just whipping off the lake, everything coming horizontal.  Wind is always a net-loss here.  No accumulation upwind to blow in to my yard, and everything I get is blown to others' homes.  It makes shoveling a lot easier though.

"Backlash" is a tough one.  Almost smacks as overrated?

Statistically, there is a difference between snow "event" and snow "storm"  ... A storm can be rain to start and then transition to cold paws as the storm moves underneath, then ending as a burst of aggregates with the deformation backside 'hook' ...which is technically backlash. That may be argued as a backlash event or storm I suppose.  But fair and objectively ...that's more an event (would also be rarer) 

Most traditional/classic winter storm translations occur the greater snow mass in the front IB region...that than transitions into TROWAL antics...which then may terminate into a wrap around deformation axis(yes) that can in fact rip at trophy rates. However ... given that those western arcs are geometrically normal to the storm's translation vector ... means that other than cut-off rare bombs ...those wrapped axis' are overwith inside of a couple hours.  I've actually seen steady moderate to heavy snow associated with early to midriff events.. go to light sky and light snow ... then low visibility for 45 minutes before the sun bursts out when that arc comes through. That 45 minutes was the hook -

In any case... snowing in the backlash and a snow storms total mass actually in snow ... in most cases makes the backlash lesser important.

Just now, moneypitmike said:

This reminds me a bit of when I was in Geneva NY during a storm.  The wind was just whipping off the lake, everything coming horizontal.  Wind is always a net-loss here.  No accumulation upwind to blow in to my yard, and everything I get is blown to others' homes.  It makes shoveling a lot easier though.

Time to move a few houses inland? ;)