Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Nov 15/16 First Weenie Obs

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

2 hours ago, rimetree said:

Left my house this morning a little before 9 with rain. Arrived at work just 3 miles away and it was a pelt fest. Quite the drop in temps at that time per my station:

image.png.a37d62db7ec7993d37022221085264ba.png

Man that was so well modeled by the hi-res guidance. I was showing our new intern that trend for a possible flash freeze scenario, and how it is very common in places like PSM when the coastal front moves onshore but then the low passes east of your longitude.

5.4" from the storm...a definite disappointment and underachiever as the big front end dump really started running out of gas as it moved north of the pike at this longitude. I only had ~4" before we dry slotted and went to sleet around 12:30-1 AM. I was thinking 8-10", maybe 12".

We're getting some upslope fluff now, so that may add a little more, but for bookkeeping purposes I'm counting this as a separate event.

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Who knows?   I think jay said the official is 0.1?   What a joke.  My hood was 6+.

Terry Eliasen from WBZ confirmed it to me on Twitter.

I had 2.2". I'm on a peninsula jutting out into BOS harbor, same way Logan is.

I could understand 1" or maybe 1.5", but there is ZERO chance someone measuring per NWS standards had 0.1".

Zero chance.

3 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

Terry Eliasen from WBZ confirmed it to me on Twitter.

I had 2.2". I'm on a peninsula jutting out into BOS harbor, same way Logan is.

I could understand 1" or maybe 1.5", but there is ZERO chance someone measuring per NWS standards had 0.1".

Zero chance.

I see from NWSChat that the official was T until they called the observer. So it could've been worse? :D

19 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I see from NWSChat that the official was T until they called the observer. So it could've been worse? :D

My brain is going to explode. Especially since I was in contact with NWS to become Logan's spotter. I can't commit to it with my work schedule. Makes me extremely salty. Would have been an honor to do it.

35 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

About 18" in the base area.  

Ive got some more pics for later, but it really is blowing my mind what it looks like around the ski resort.  Still 6 weeks till Christmas and it looks more like deep winter now that it normally does at Christmas lol.

A few grinch cutters and we'll get it looking more like Christmas. 

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

My brain is going to explode. Especially since I was in contact with NWS to become Logan's spotter. I can't commit to it with my work schedule. Makes me extremely salty. Would have been an honor to do it.

Sounds like they've had a helluva time trying to find someone.

5 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Sounds like they've had a helluva time trying to find someone.

It really has to be a retirement job. Or you have to work from home. You're the spotter for an international airport. Plus you have to be reliable, and I think knowledge of the local microclimate obviously helps. I fit into the criteria in terms of location. But not schedule. They do a full site visit (which I didn't have them do once I understood I didn't meet the requirement) and everything, there was some concern about density and reliability of accurate reporting. 

Disclosure: I usually do not measure directly in my backyard, but usually the green space about 50 feet down the street in the open. It's very tough when you have high winds. Scott can attest. It's the green park area from the high-rise to I Street that has no houses on Day Boulevard.

3 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Something got screwed up with the online submission form, so instead of 0.1" (I know, still not great) it came across as blank or effectively a "T"

OMG. :facepalm:    0.1”   What a screw up with reporting a T. Such a mistake can’t happen again!  0.1”.  What a sh*tshow.

• Haha 1

That's awesome and festive. Hope it sticks around.

About 18" in the base area.  
Ive got some more pics for later, but it really is blowing my mind what it looks like around the ski resort.  Still 6 weeks till Christmas and it looks more like deep winter now that it normally does at Christmas lol.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk