Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Nov 15/16 First Weenie Obs

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

This is sick.  Mid-winter storm.

21F and +SN on November 16th.  

METAR KMVL 161420Z AUTO 00000KT 1/4SM +SN FZFG VV008 M06/M06 A2973 RMK P0003

Sweet, man you guys are setup for Thanksgiving week. Suns out now, probably will lose almost all of this cover next couple of days down here.  

42 minutes ago, dryslot said:

That precip off to the east was on every model to miss up this way, More just over running stuff earlier, Its this second batch for here that should add another 2" or so, Radar is filling in.

Jeff--we've been ripping borderline heavy for the past hour down here.  Based on a visual I have about 1/4 mile away, I"m saying we're LT 1/2 mile vis.

2 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Jeff--we've been ripping borderline heavy for the past hour down here.  Based on a visual I have about 1/4 mile away, I"m saying we're LT 1/2 mile vis.

Radar looks good over you right now, 27-30 dbz rates is +SN, Snow growth had been crappy but is getting better here now Mike.

14 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Sweet, man you guys are setup for Thanksgiving week. Suns out now, probably will lose almost all of this cover next couple of days down here.  

Yeah this is probably the best start to winter or at least November snows at the mountain that I can remember since being in this area.  

Loved the pics of your dog's first snow.  What a great event when it can dump and be exciting from down your way all the way up through here.  Great regionwide event!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah this is probably the best start to winter or at least November snows at the mountain that I can remember since being in this area.  

Loved the pics of your dog's first snow.  What a great event when it can dump and be exciting from down your way all the way up through here.  Great regionwide event!

We had 14" on Thanksgiving a couple of years ago.

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Lol, I’m serous. Thought she had some. 

Getting Ginxy’s winds now. Cranking. Lots of melting.

Woke up to probably an inch here...all gone now.  

Hoping we get a cold nor'easter in January where having the ocean nearby is a benefit as enhancement bumps up our totals by several inches.

7 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Nope, I’m in DC for work this week. Just really unlucky timing. It was a fun event here though. First November measurable in the District in a long time. I’m really happy for my Mid-Atlantic brothers and sisters. We’ve suffered greatly the last two/three winters.

Bummer....at least you still saw some in DC.

I'll be shocked if you don't get a lot more chances and see a few 6"+ storms this winter. Weak Ninos do well here.

• Thanks 1