Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Nov 15/16 First Weenie Obs

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Great job dude. Exceptional coverage.  What a friggin disaster, people don't listen carefully 

I mean didn't help that some of the other stations in the market had 1"-3" for Hartford right before the first flakes fell.

There were a few things that jumped out at me. 

1) The air mass was *really* anomalous out ahead of this thing. Looks like BDL tied their record low max temp. A 1040 hpa high really primed us.

2) The synoptics and mesoscale ingredients were there for a really nasty thump and at least .2 or 3 hours of really good rates. The NAM, RGEM, ECMWF all were pretty cold for at least a good chunk of the thump.

3) the WPC snow probabilities were beyond atrocious I have no idea wtf was going on with those. 

Just now, CT Rain said:

I mean didn't help that some of the other stations in the market had 1"-3" for Hartford right before the first flakes fell.

1) The air mass was *really* anomalous out ahead of this thing. Looks like BDL tied their record low max temp. A 1040 hpa high really primed us.

2) The synoptics and mesoscale ingredients were there for a really nasty thump and at least .2 or 3 hours of really good rates. The NAM, RGEM, ECMWF all were pretty cold for at least a good chunk of the thump.

3) the WPC snow probabilities were beyond atrocious I have no idea wtf was going on with those. 

The airmass was over performing all day too...so that also could have been a clue to anyone still really gun shy.

ORH not only set their record low max for the date...it was the coldest max temp on record pre-11/20. The most impressive part of it, is it was achieved without precip falling.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Greg said:

I will wait to measure this one last time before I go to bed but I can tell you based on my experience, that I may be closing in on 8" of snow on the glass table right now.

I’m up for a few will do the same. The snow banks at the end of the driveway remind me of February not November.

1 minute ago, CT Rain said:

Orh shattered their max. Will this be another winter where its gonna snow where its gonna snow.  Time will tell but eagle on hole 1 makes ya feel special 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

The airmass was over performing all day too...so that also could have been a clue to anyone still really gun shy.

ORH not only set their record low max for the date...it was the coldest max temp on record pre-11/20. The most impressive part of it, is it was achieved without precip falling.

MOS busted big last night because of the cirrus shield... but NAM and GFS MOS were printing out 11F for BDL. So the air mass was pretty sweet.

My first check-in of the year.  Gotta be right around 6, maybe a little more now in Andover.  Really strange night too.  It's so bright out there, it looks like it's twilight. 

On top of that, the wind stopped blowing for a couple minutes, and a whole bunch of leaves just literally fell out of the sky for a couple minutes in my front yard.  No idea where they were blowing in from, as there are no trees in that area, and all of the trees around the neighborhood are already bare.  They had to have gotten picked up and carried from a long way away, and just came down when they reached here and the wind died out.  Never seen anything like that.  Kind of freaky really. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dotb said:

My first check-in of the year.  Gotta be right around 6, maybe a little more now in Andover.  Really strange night too.  It's so bright out there, it looks like it's twilight. 

On top of that, the wind stopped blowing for a couple minutes, and a whole bunch of leaves just literally fell out of the sky for a couple minutes in my front yard.  No idea where they were blowing in from, as there are no trees in that area, and all of the trees around the neighborhood are already bare.  They had to have gotten picked up and carried from a long way away, and just came down when they reached here and the wind died out.  Never seen anything like that.  Kind of freaky really. 

Yep same thing here, we had something blow threw here that was way above anything since 

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

THOSE are Incredible Stats.  

Looks like Ray's Forecast is off to a Good start.  Especially since when the first storm outperforms... it's usually a good sign.  IE November 2004 with that 6" storm.  

Just now, TheSnowman said:

THOSE are Incredible Stats.  

Looks like Ray's Forecast is off to a Good start.  Especially since when the first storm outperforms... it's usually a good sign.  IE November 2004 with that 6" storm.  

Seasonally, yes....but I blew this one in CT....rest of region was okay.