Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Nov 15/16 First Weenie Obs

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

6 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

Wait a second.....for how great this event was how does Octobomb compare? lol.....I mean that was so legit......seems this time its happening at an opportune time with all the leaves down and we can all just enjoy it without having to worry about a tree in your grill.....

This is a highly anomalously cold early season snow but October 2011 is a completely different beast. We may never see that again. My favorite weather event of all time. 

12 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I'm not sure the majority of the board mixes in the true sense. I don't think the mid levels warm above freezing for many. The problem will be the dry slot dries out the snow growth zone and you flip to some drizzle or at best some very poor snow growth.

You can see the dry slot ripping N through E NY.  I would be psyched if we had 4" of snow, dry slot and just a light fzra coating.  It will be so much easier to clear in the morning than rain on sleet on snow.

13 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

Wait a second.....for how great this event was how does Octobomb compare? lol.....I mean that was so legit......seems this time its happening at an opportune time with all the leaves down and we can all just enjoy it without having to worry about a tree in your grill.....

The other day I mentioned how it sort of reminded me of a mini Rocktober with the cold air preceding it.   

4 minutes ago, DomNH said:

This is a highly anomalously cold early season snow but October 2011 is a completely different beast. We may never see that again. My favorite weather event of all time. 

Well yeah that was on another scale.  This will be epic Nov event for S of Pike and coastal crowd but will be equal to or maybe a little better than Nov 2014 for a lot of us.