Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Nov 15/16 First Weenie Obs

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

2 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

Just got home... it's incredible out there! Will go out for measurements soon.

CF watch: definite difference driving across Boston city proper comparing MGH / West End area vs. Coolidge Corner: a wetter snow out by MGH / West End, decent flake size but has that look like it's thinking about making a switch. A dryer snow and better accumulation here in Brookline 31/31. The next heavy band may help stave that advance.

FWIW, 0z NAM has most of eastern MA still snow at 6z, the flip delayed to 7z

Yeah I saw a 29F at chestnut hill a little while ago on wunderground....def a boundary there. Jerry is probably racking it up fast.

1 minute ago, Hoth said:

Yikes, check out Ryan's Twitter. Merritt is a clusterf*&$ by the tunnel. Almost looks unplowed. Has CT blown its snow removal budget already?

My brother in law was stuck in it...cars all over the place stuck and off road, flipped over etc..snow cane down so fast and furious..they couldn’t keep up.

Just now, Hoth said:

Yikes, check out Ryan's Twitter. Merritt is a clusterf*&$ by the tunnel. Almost looks unplowed. Has CT blown its snow removal budget already?

CT DOT stinks at clearing......tonight on 84 east from Southington to West Hartford none of it was treated and there were multiple spinouts in the median the whole way......couple seasons ago I went to Boston to catch a Sharks-Bruins game in the middle of that February blizzard and on the way home the Pike was pristine.....but as soon as I crossed over the border on 84 to CT the highway was completely covered in white......junk

4 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

My brother in law was stuck in it...cars all over the place stuck and off road, flipped over etc..snow cane down so fast and furious..they couldn’t keep up.

That really sucks. Hope he got home ok in the end. On a happier note, it's 11/15 and I'm roughly 25% of the way to my seasonal average. 

9 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah I saw a 29F at chestnut hill a little while ago on wunderground....def a boundary there. Jerry is probably racking it up fast.

I’m around 4 inches and still ripping.  I’m going to go out  it in it but awaiting the death band to maximize the fun.  Right now we’re 1 per hour.  Pissed me off that the last clinging oak leaves on the side lawn all blew off in th snow and are laying on top of the snow.   Need a good burst to bury them.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

CT DOT stinks at clearing......tonight on 84 east from Southington to West Hartford none of it was treated and there were multiple spinouts in the median the whole way......couple seasons ago I went to Boston to catch a Sharks-Bruins game in the middle of that February blizzard and on the way home the Pike was pristine.....but as soon as I crossed over the border on 84 to CT the highway was completely covered in white......junk

Yeah, Mass does a great job. Even during Feb '13 and the various shellackings of '15, Boston kept the roads passable, even if it required backhoes and melting trucks in the latter case. 

Just now, weathafella said:

I’m around 4 inches and still ripping.  I’m going through it in it but awaiting the death band to maximize the fun.  Right now we’re 1 per hour.  Pissed me off that the last clinging oak leaves on the side lawn all blew off in th snow and are laying on top of the snow.   Need a good burst to bury them.

ahahahaahha......at least i'm not the only one who hates stray leaves on my pack.......oh F no

1 minute ago, Hoth said:

That really sucks. Hope he got home ok in the end. On a happier note, it's 11/15 and I'm roughly 25% of the way to my seasonal average. 

You will probably double climo this year. This recent climate regime has been very friendly to the shoreline relative to norm.  When you get 30" again its gonna seem like a garbage winter, lol. 

• Haha 1