Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid Atlantic Snow Totals Winter 2018-19

George BM

41 minutes ago, Fozz said:

I don't see the point in measuring snow if you aren't going to count it. 

I will be sure to go home tonight and scold my 6-year old for measuring without asking for it. have a good day. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, mappy said:

thats what i thought. ask questions first before assuming you know the full story. thanks. 

Honestly, it's not a big deal either way. If you want to report a slightly lower seasonal total than what actually fell in your yard, then you do you. And if your 6 year old daughter likes measuring snow, then I'm happy for her. I see no reason to fight over this.

4 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

11/15/2018: 2.2"

1/12-13/2019: 11.4"

1/16/2019: 1.7"

1/29/2019: 1.5"

2/1/2019: 1.5"

2/10/2019: .7"

2/20/2019: 5.1"

3/1/2019: 1.7"

3/8/2019: .7"

2018-19 Season Total

26.5"

Your good for at least another 20 from the March 20 HECS.

Im at 38”

15 hours ago, Fozz said:

Honestly, it's not a big deal either way. If you want to report a slightly lower seasonal total than what actually fell in your yard, then you do you. And if your 6 year old daughter likes measuring snow, then I'm happy for her. I see no reason to fight over this.

Okie dokie!

1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

That map could stand to be a little more granular. That 12-24" area though. Yeah I am in it, but just over 12. Would be more representative if adjacent to the 6-12 area, it went 12-18, 18-24...

could you even imagine how detailed that would be at that scale? 

10 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Yeah it would be great. I love detail. Very detail oriented. :D

which is why they didn't do it that way lol 

I think more zoomed in maps would make sense in that kind of breakdown. I'll have to see if I can find anything more locally oriented. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mappy said:

which is why they didn't do it that way lol 

I think more zoomed in maps would make sense in that kind of breakdown. I'll have to see if I can find anything more locally oriented. 

Yeah it could easily be more detailed with localized maps. I didn't go to the link to see if it was clickable to zoom in on a particular region.

4 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Yeah it could easily be more detailed with localized maps. I didn't go to the link to see if it was clickable to zoom in on a particular region.

there is an interactive map available but its the same detail. which isn't much. 

there is downloadable data for it, which i may do to see how it looks. I may be able to play with the intervals. 

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mappy said:

there is an interactive map available but its the same detail. which isn't much. 

there is downloadable data for it, which i may do to see how it looks. I may be able to play with the intervals. 

Capture.JPG

Its just that looking at that map, it does not capture the difference between what fell in my area(totally lame) and what fell in and around DC(very respectable). Keep in mind I average more snow than DC. There is a fairly big difference between 12 and 24" in these parts, as you well know.

13 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Its just that looking at that map, it does not capture the difference between what fell in my area(totally lame) and what fell in and around DC(very respectable). Keep in mind I average more snow than DC. There is a fairly big difference between 12 and 24" in these parts, as you well know.

Yup. Agreed.