Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
11/15-11/16 Coastal Storm Observation Thread

NJwx85

5 minutes ago, ForestHillWx said:

Home in Chester. 90/10 snow/sleet. Temp is steady at 28. 

8" on the ground. Roads are a mess. Took 3 hours to get home which normally takes 35. 

287 south of route 23 is closed. Fatal accident supposedly. I'd like to see what Gov Murphy has to say for himself; or is he out of the state?

Going be interesting to see what he has to say. Everything is a mess.

3 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

No. Looks to go too far North. LHV theres a slight chance.

You’ve been wrong, I’m betting that a thundersnow could hit the Times Square area!

If I lose I don’t post for 2 months this time. 

If you want to make the high stakes... I think I’ll even bet that we get another one in a week or so. Similar maybe more snow but no rain this time. Heck this storm is colder than modeled for sure so therefore I would like to conclude that models are good but crappy at the same time. You have to solve the problem that the season makes sense.

5 minutes ago, ForestHillWx said:

Home in Chester. 90/10 snow/sleet. Temp is steady at 28. 

8" on the ground. Roads are a mess. Took 3 hours to get home which normally takes 35. 

287 south of route 23 is closed. Fatal accident supposedly. I'd like to see what Gov Murphy has to say for himself; or is he out of the state?

Well it isn't like we were expecting over two feet, which one recent governor didn't think was worth staying in town for......in fact, quite a few of us were expecting hardly anything. As a meteorologist on CBS just said, we weren't expecting the early intensity.

1 minute ago, weatherpruf said:

Well it isn't like we were expecting over two feet, which one recent governor didn't think was worth staying in town for......in fact, quite a few of us were expecting hardly anything. As a meteorologist on CBS just said, we weren't expecting the early intensity.

Complete disaster for the area, huge fail on part of officials. How did they not prepare for this at all. 

And it's not like we live in Atlanta, we've seen 40"+ snow seasons, this was completely inexcusable. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

I don't mean to derail the thread anymore than I did; but this was mismanaged from the state level on down; they own this. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RockerfellerSnow said:

You’ve been wrong, I’m betting that a thundersnow could hit the Times Square area!

If I lose I don’t post for 2 months this time. 

If you want to make the high stakes... I think I’ll even bet that we get another one in a week or so. Similar maybe more snow but no rain this time. Heck this storm is colder than modeled for sure so therefore I would like to conclude that models are good but crappy at the same time. You have to solve the problem that the season makes sense.

:facepalm::facepalm:

1 minute ago, SnoSki14 said:

Complete disaster for the area, huge fail on part of officials. How did they not prepare for this at all. 

And it's not like we live in Atlanta, we've seen 40"+ snow seasons, this was completely inexcusable. 

We were expecting, at worst, 1-3 inches. Streets were pretreated. Salt trucks were on route one and nine early on. This storm hit with more intensity than expected and at the worst possible time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, weatherpruf said:

We were expecting, at worst, 1-3 inches. Streets were pretreated. Salt trucks were on route one and nine early on. This storm hit with more intensity than expected and at the worst possible time. 

Yeah.  Blame the state officials that we thumped during rush hour.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ForestHillWx said:

I don't mean to derail the thread anymore than I did; but this was mismanaged from the state level on down; they own this. 

As a public employee, I am asking you what you would have done. A call for a minor event at a time of year when it is extremely rare for more populated areas to see significant snow. I am not going to fault the state workers on this one. It's not like they enjoy watching people suffer. And they are out there now trying to make things better. Maybe not succeeding, but trying. Let's cut em a break. 

7 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

I 280 west is closed. 

Been stuck on it for 2 hours

3 inches on snow on the road xyz

2 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Few saw any plows, many roads were not pretreated and we had many bigger, colder storms hit during rush hour that were nowhere near this impactful.

more people would've planned accordingly and left early or stayed home, schools would've closed etc. Nobody outside of NW NJ expected more than a couple slushy inches with a change to sleet and rain.

• Rjay locked and unpinned this topic