Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
11/15-11/16 Coastal Storm Observation Thread

NJwx85

1 hour ago, RU848789 said:

As of 4 pm, 5" here in Metuchen and still snowing moderately to heavily, although smalller flakes (had huge flakes earlier). Looks like 6-7" is possible with the snow/rain line looking like it's at the border of Monmouth and Middlesex, at least 1-2 hours away, I think. Just shoveled and I rescind my earlier comment about it being heavy and wet (made from just driving through it) - it's more "standard" to me - maybe 10:1 ratio snow - can make snowballs, but it's not soupy by any stretch

As of 5:15 pm we had 6.25" of snow on the ground (been about 1.5" per hour since 1 pm) and it started sleeting. As of 5:35 pm it's now 90% sleet and pouring down at 31F. Note that in those 20 minutes, the snow compacted to 5.75", so if anyone measures well after the sleet starts, they'll likely see compaction.  Would've easily verified a warning and barely had an advisory this morning. Just saw a report of people stuck on the GWB for 3+ hours - my worst nightmare.

8 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

.64 now in New York City.  This should be the 2nd largest daily November snow.  They might need to measure before the standard 7pm time though because any sleet and rain will compact it 

Looks like the Conservancy is off to a solid start, The 4pm snow measurement at Central Park was missing.

No surprise here.

• Like 1

• Rjay locked and unpinned this topic