• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
11/15-11/16 Coastal Storm Observation Thread

NJwx85

Took me 35 min to get home (10 miles, usually a 15-20 min trip) and that was back roads - those poor souls on major highways looked stuck per Google Maps. As of 3 pm the Metuchen snowglobe has received 4.0" of heavy wet snow and it's still snowing heavily - looks like we may actually get that 6", as the snow/rain/sleet line looks like it's still down in Monmouth County - holy overperforming snowstorm Batman!!  NB reporting 3" an hour ago, Philly reporting 3" an hour ago and my friend in Medford (NW Burlington Co) has 4" as of 3 pm, so we're likely to see widespread 3-6" along the 95 corridor from Philly to NYC.

1 minute ago, RU848789 said:

Took me 35 min to get home (10 miles, usually a 15-20 min trip) and that was back roads - those poor souls on major highways looked stuck per Google Maps. As of 3 pm the Metuchen snowglobe has received 4.0" of heavy wet snow and it's still snowing heavily - looks like we may actually get that 6", as the snow/rain/sleet line looks like it's still down in Monmouth County - holy overperforming snowstorm Batman!!  NB reporting 3" an hour ago, Philly reporting 3" an hour ago and my friend in Medford (NW Burlington Co) has 4" as of 3 pm, so we're likely to see widespread 3-6" along the 95 corridor from Philly to NYC.

yo I dare anyone to look at google maps now. lol.

HRRR predicting 4-6" more in most of CNJ from 2 pm to 8 pm - considering we had about 3" at 2 pm, that would bring me to 7-9" overall.  Maybe next time the pros need to not ignore a never-wavering Euro showing 4-8" over the last 3 days for the 95 corridor from Philly to NYC (at least).  

hrrr_asnow_neus_6.png

2 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

HRRR predicting 4-6" more in most of CNJ from 2 pm to 8 pm - considering we had about 3" at 2 pm, that would bring me to 7-9" overall.  Maybe next time the pros need to not ignore a never-wavering Euro showing 4-8" over the last 3 days for the 95 corridor from Philly to NYC (at least).  

hrrr_asnow_neus_6.png

5” new here - 2” in the past hour.  The models had this for a couple of days but people did not want to believe them...

• Rjay locked and unpinned this topic