• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    crossbowftw3
    Newest Member
    crossbowftw3

November 15-16 First Frozen Obs/Nowcast

Everyone told me to wait til my first CAD event. Now I understand why! I was expecting rain, or light snow to rain, but I'm colder than any model was showing right now sitting at 30 degrees and the precip doesn't look like it will let up anytime soon.

Started out the morning in Prince Frederick, MD (Southern Maryland/Mid Calvert County) at 5:30am: Sleet/Snow mix 34 degrees everything but streets with a light coating.

33 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

Oh my god y’all it’s ripping snow in Germantown. This year is gonna be awesome. 

Sucks your first two years here were duds. Hopefully this year makes up for it. 

• Like 1

Just now, psuhoffman said:

Sucks your first two years here were duds. Hopefully this year makes up for it. 

I was half convinced I'd been lied to that it actually snows more than 3" here. It didn't help Louisiana friends were sending pictures of 6" snowfalls the last 2 years.

1 minute ago, supernovasky said:

Everyone told me to wait til my first CAD event. Now I understand why! I was expecting rain, or light snow to rain, but I'm colder than any model was showing right now sitting at 30 degrees and the precip doesn't look like it will let up anytime soon.

CAD is a beautiful thing here.  This one is classic (that map posted above really shows it).  Snow in and around DC while its a rain/mix in the mountains of WV.

Moderate snow in downtown DC and it’s making the sidewalks very slick. Not much was salted, from what I can see. Beautiful scene tho!