Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
November 15-16 First Frozen Obs/Nowcast

WxUSAF

1 minute ago, Paleocene said:

Snow in College Park.  Was sleeting from 9-10AM at least. Now it's back to all snow.

Very interesting column. The warm nose causing the initial sleet mixed out and colder air/evap cooling won the battle. Can't walk the line any closer between snow/no snow for the close burbs. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Very interesting column. The warm nose causing the initial sleet mixed out and colder air/evap cooling won the battle. Can't walk the line any closer between snow/no snow for the close burbs. 

We always seem to dance on the isothermal tight rope in these parts, thankfully we're balancing well.  

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I left my son with grandma at 830AM, telling them to get outside soon to play once it started sleeting, figuring we were losing the battle before an eventual changeover. That's what we do here at less than 250' or so, and we do it well. But nope - snow again.  Here's my unidentified location on campus:

IMG_20181115_104431_50.jpg

3 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Nope. I mis-read...deleted the post. :sorry: 

Figures. I died for nothin.

They did report 0.1” earlier which is remarkable enough. And that was before an hour of mod snow where they had 0.08 liquid. I’m sure they’ll have a storm total of 0.2”.

6 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

meso page still showing the CAD and column holding its own.  really unexpected IMO.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic