Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 15-16 First Frozen Obs/Nowcast

WxUSAF

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

In 95 I had a soccer game where it was about 70 then that night we had 3" of snow. 

parts of Loudoun(higher elevations) got 3 inches plus in the Halloween storm too..if it comes down heavy enough and its cold..it can stick lol

5 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

31/17 I'm starting to feel it up here. Not a big event but a nice start to the season at least. Considering how we have started the last several years it's a great start for all of us that were even having this conversation right now. 

Agreed. Any accumulating snow before Thanksgiving is such a bonus. You dont even factor November snow into your expectations for the winter.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Me too. All mesos have trended for the better . I'm close to all in. I'm thinking 3- 5" could easily hit and maybe a touch conservative but that alone would be big  grin worthy 

Everyone better be all in!  If we bust, we'll have to wait until next winter! :lol:

eta: t-minus 16 days

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ji said:

parts of Loudoun(higher elevations) got 3 inches plus in the Halloween storm too..if it comes down heavy enough and its cold..it can stick lol

I won't even engage people on that nonsense anymore. I refuse to argue with people about whether it can possibly do something that it has done before. 

• Like 3

Briefly went outside and it didn't feel all that cold.  In fact, temp was still up at 36.9 at 9pm and still 36.4 at 10pm.  It looks like cold air drainage is finally kicking in tho, with lower DP reports.  Having skies clear out last night could have helped us somewhat.  I would've liked to have started today with lower temps than what they were.  Regardless, if I get 1"-2" tomorrow morning then I'll claim victory.  If there is any real snow remaining OTG tomorrow night, I'd also claim another victory.

I love the fact that we are even having any of this discussion at all. After 3 years of cold rain—so glad to see this. Even the king has held not just steady but has trended positively and we are still good in the NAM range. Ok, I’ll stop jinxing  and shut up now and just hope for the best—which in Nov is bonus city. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

39/27 :axe:

Going to call it a night and set an alarm for 2:30 a.m. and see what's happening. Roommate might hate me but this what he gets, lol. 

I feel you big dawg! 39/29 a lot warmer than I thought myself here. It was sprinkling already when I last checked outside. 

1 minute ago, Tenman Johnson said:

Moist  air rushing up into a January like  air mass and coastal actually not sucking it all in and jumping over us. In fact coastal helps with cold which is stout already.

if this is a january like airmass for our storms....winter is going to suck

• Haha 3

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic