• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
1st Winter Event of 2018-19 Fall/Winter Season

ChescoWx

You ain't kidding and radar looks good...got that nice sideways-heavy-snow look going on. Really impressed.
Did you ever find out if this will count for the 2018-2019 winter season? (I may have missed it?) 

In all records I have seen, October and November snows go to current and next year totals. So this counts for 2018/2019.

18 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Radar is really on roids...looking good.

roids.jpg

Yep what you're pointing at is heavy snow (love that phrase). Temperature is now 29.3, DP up to 25. Over 1.5" here. Put a bunch of summer tools away yesterday and neglected to get out the snow shovels, which I just did :-). Roads must be getting icy, cars are lined up going down the hill on our street.

1 minute ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Still a steady SN here and dews are up so starting to get some fog.  Temp is down to 28 and measured 1/2" so far.  Even treated streets are getting an accumulation.

Yeah and they STILL haven't cancelled my afternoon class at WCU. Checking out Google maps with traffic, every road is solid orange/red between me and West Chester (I live about a half hour away). They are usually quite good about this seeing as how it's a big commuter school...

Just now, CoolHandMike said:

Yeah and they STILL haven't cancelled my afternoon class at WCU. Checking out Google maps with traffic, every road is solid orange/red between me and West Chester (I live about a half hour away). They are usually quite good about this seeing as how it's a big commuter school...

It's going to be a mess - especially since the temps are down in hard freeze range and the plows usually don't start scraping stuff until the roads get to ~3" (although I have seen some plow trains in the past really gung ho to remove stuff off the roads, no matter how shallow...lol).

7 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

pYeah and they STILL haven't cancelled my afternoon class at WCU. Checking out Google maps with traffic, every road is solid orange/red between me and West Chester (I live about a half hour away). They are usually quite good about this seeing as how it's a big commuter school...

Some Chesco schools have called for an early dismissal.   If this keeps up it's going to be a hairy ride home.  I'm still thinking I'll be OK -stay safe.  The 1st everyone driving in snow is usually a disaster because most folks are not prepared and think they can still go 50-60mph on side roads that are posted @ 45.

Just now, Lady Di said:

Some Chesco schools have called for an early dismissal.   If this keeps up it's going to be a hairy ride home.  I'm still thinking I'll be OK -stay safe.  The 1st everyone driving in snow is usually a disaster because most folks are not preared and think they can still go 50-60mph on side roads that are posted @ 45.

Yep, it's either that or risk my life on the autobahn--er I mean Rt 30. No thanks. I think I'm cancelling my appearance at school this afternoon.

1 minute ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Bristol Rd Warminster looking out the window. Cars crawling along. 

Ok. My mistake, I should have clarified. I know your location is Warminster but didn't know if you were in another location.

I asked the librarian if they were going to close early due to the snow? She said, "we didn't expect this?" They should have been at my laptop...lol

Hitting 463/Horsham road....611 soon. We'll see..