Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
1st Winter Event of 2018-19 Fall/Winter Season

ChescoWx

5 minutes ago, hazwoper said:

based on CC radar Turnersville should actually flip to snow.  

Just had my traditional pre-snow whopper in your honor sir. I know your name is a hazardous waste thing but cant help continuing the tradition I began 3 seasons ago. I'm sure my waistline and arteries arent very happy campers though. 31F here no flakes yet but on the doorstep to Bucksco

• Like 2

Knocking on the doorstep here in Trenton. Flurrying in Levittown according to my Fiance. Radar looks nothing short of amazing. Going to be a hard thump for a lot of folks even along 95 and across the delaware. I think an inch is almost a lock for 95 but some spots may see 3-4" depending on how long they last as snow. Latest HURRR is even colder than previously and hangs on to the frozen precip until 00 for 95... Things are trending positively this morning in all facets. Lehigh valley/poconos may need an upgrade to wsw.

1 minute ago, Jsdphilly said:

It is great to be back here with all you weenies. Hard to believe we have something on the 15th! Just started here in Abington PA a few minutes ago. Unbelievably they are already closing all the schools @ 1230 today. Am I missing something in the last few hours?

Council Rock said they were closing early at 5am this morning.  Its due to the expected sleet, which can be a nightmare on the roads.  Its the correct call.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jsdphilly said:

It is great to be back here with all you weenies. Hard to believe we have something on the 15th! Just started here in Abington PA a few minutes ago. Unbelievably they are already closing all the schools @ 1230 today. Am I missing something in the last few hours?

Springfield township Montco schools have an early dismissal.  My sis texted that she is picking my niece up right now.  The heavier band is almost up to this area and where you are.

2 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

Knocking on the doorstep here in Trenton. Flurrying in Levittown according to my Fiance. Radar looks nothing short of amazing. Going to be a hard thump for a lot of folks even along 95 and across the delaware. I think an inch is almost a lock for 95 but some spots may see 3-4" depending on how long they last as snow. Latest HURRR is even colder than previously and hangs on to the frozen precip until 00 for 95... Things are trending positively this morning in all facets. Lehigh valley/poconos may need an upgrade to wsw.

Yep, looks very good "building" from the S. I'm super impressed....

Just now, hazwoper said:

Council Rock said they were closing early at 5am this morning.  Its due to the expected sleet, which can be a nightmare on the roads.  Its the correct call.

absolutely, crossing my fingers the state closes early other wise my normal 15 commute home from Trenton will likely be an hour plus... Sleet is way worse on the roads than snow imo

7 minutes ago, Jsdphilly said:

Welcome back! Aside from the fact that it makes sense to close early given the forecast, I was going to say that people don't have their "snow legs" yet....those first snows tend to really wreak havoc on the roads, then it gets better for successive snows.