Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
1st Winter Event of 2018-19 Fall/Winter Season

ChescoWx

55 minutes ago, LizardMafia said:

26F 22DP up here in Brodheadsville (1200') should be quite an interesting event (especially being November)!  Doesn't look like we'll get much above freezing for the entire event. 

You are sitting pretty friend. You should likely be one of the winners in this event. Good luck! Hope you cash in.

23 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

It was the one at 611/County Line...next to the Red Lion Diner.

Other parking lots are getting heavily salted as well...

Ah, I was curious if you were at the one around the corner from me on Street in Warminster. Was gonna roll up and spring for hot coffees. Maybe next time. GL today everyone!!

3 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Noticed that...but I think we're still on schedule.

31F / DP 19F

Definitely, most models didn't have precip move in until noon. HRRR says 11 am. Seems like our friends to the south the MA forum are over performing due to the CAD. Hopefully that is a good sign for up here as well. Some area's are already at 2"+. Even DC has around an inch already and almost all the models had them with some sleet and mostly rain. Still snowing too. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Newman said:

Let's enjoy every flake guys. Not often we see snow in mid-November.

I honestly cannot remember a significant November storm in my lifetime(1990-1991) and I've live in the region my entire life(albeit Lancaster and New Jersey for a few years). My memory may be getting fuzzy with old age though ;) 

14 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

I honestly cannot remember a significant November storm in my lifetime(1990-1991) and I've live in the region my entire life(albeit Lancaster and New Jersey for a few years). My memory may be getting fuzzy with old age though ;) 

Last one around here was 1987 so you’d be correct. A rarity indeed.

29/14

10 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

I have butterflies in my stomach/anxiety waiting for this snow/frozen precip....and I'm in my 40s. WTF??

Thought I was the only one, I was up until 1:30 last night because I could stop thinking about the first snow of the year. Glad I'm not the only one who's nuts...

Anyway temp holding steady this morning, dews are creeping up though. 32F/ 21 DP. Looks like snow outside but nothing falling yet.

14 hours ago, hazwoper said:

I don’t think we’ll see a long period of virga.

Haz, welcome back for winter man. Love the new avatar. Why did you think we wouldn't see virga on the onset? I know low dews doesnt always equal virga but with the fresh airmass and the dry air associated, it seemed inevitable we'd have an hour or two. Is it the strong southerly flow?

23 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

We had 5.3" of snow just 4 years ago on November 27, 2014 in NW Chesco following 1.5" a couple weeks earlier on the 13th

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

Haz, welcome back for winter man. Love the new avatar. Why did you think we wouldn't see virga on the onset? I know low dews doesnt always equal virga but with the fresh airmass and the dry air associated, it seemed inevitable we'd have an hour or two. Is it the strong southerly flow?

yep, WAA and I expected the DP to come up in advance of the radar returns.  seems like that is indeed the case..

And thanks fro the welcome back!  Always great to have the season kick off early....

• Like 1

Just now, hazwoper said:

yep, WAA and I expected the DP to come up in advance of the radar returns.  seems like that is indeed the case..

yeah, was looking at composite radar, not nexrad which shows it "snowing" into the poconos now. Looks like once the real echoes on nexrad role through it starts snowing. Thanks for the reply, was genuinely curious because it seemed like virga was inevitable last night.