Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
11/14/18-11/15/18 Winter storm/Flood (Ice/sleet) thread and obs

McDowell_Weather

8 minutes ago, GunBlade said:

With all the rain trees are down around charlotte.  Providence rd closed because of a huge tree that fell spanning both sides of the road and brought down power lines.  No ice obviously but all the rain hasn’t taken its toll. 

I was getting a bit worried about power outages last night because of how saturated the ground is and how strong the winds were getting after 11pm.  I had a peak gust of 32 but it was gusting 25 to 30 for several hours.  Looks like pretty much everyone in the 85 corridor did... Noticed greenville had a top gust to 40mph...which is pretty impressive... with several others in the mid 30s in ne ga. 

picked up 1.75 with this one... Just missed a lot heavier amounts that feel with a narrow line of heavy rain that put down 3 to 4 inches just to the east. Got 4.22 altogether this week. 

7 hours ago, Lookout said:

I was getting a bit worried about power outages last night because of how saturated the ground is and how strong the winds were getting after 11pm.  I had a peak gust of 32 but it was gusting 25 to 30 for several hours.  Looks like pretty much everyone in the 85 corridor did... Noticed greenville had a top gust to 40mph...which is pretty impressive... with several others in the mid 30s in ne ga. 

picked up 1.75 with this one... Just missed a lot heavier amounts that feel with a narrow line of heavy rain that put down 3 to 4 inches just to the east. Got 4.22 altogether this week. 

Lots of trees down in the GSP area, on top of severe flooding! Way more trees down and way more gusty winds than any hurricane remnants we had this fall

Just now, AirNelson39 said:

Yep turned to snow about 15 minutes after I posted that.

We still have a lot of ice on the trees here and the winds are picking up...WCS is on a two-hour delay...not sure about tomorrow for the kiddos...my daughter was outside and she said she heard a gun go off in the woods...I told her it was probably a tree snapping...be safe everyone :)  IMO it's gonna be a very active winter!

App Power still has almost 700 unique lines to fix from this storm.  Only affecting about 15k customers across VA and WVA, but 700 lines is a helluva lot when this got almost no publicity and no help sent from neighboring states that I am aware of.  My power is still out in Stuart but its only on a portion of my street with 34 customers.  

What a mess with temps in the mid 20s.