Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
11/15-16 Coastal Storm/ULL Discussion

dmillz25

7 hours ago, RockerfellerSnow said:

Billy’ is in ulster thats even a better spot what you think?

just hit 32 here new Rochelle for the first time this year. And of course we get our first freeze and first snow the same day.

So you joined on Monday but you know who Billy is up in Ulster County...uh huh..

Currently 26/18 here. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, RockerfellerSnow said:

Models usually underperform with dynamic cooling and evaporative cooling. Hopefully it doesn’t warm up too much today especially the fact that we got low clouds already. I’ll be back in 4-5 hours

Forget the models at this point expect to see where zero hour matches up to current conditions. Nowcasting time. 

2 minutes ago, RockerfellerSnow said:

DC is getting it good right now.

They are much further west then us and away from the ocean. I remember an early season event in early December about 10 years ago where they snowed and we rained.

I still like a coating for the coast and 2” for the far Uws where I work (120th and Broadway)

1 minute ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

They are much further west then us and away from the ocean. I remember an early season event in early December about 10 years ago where they snowed and we rained.

I still like a coating for the coast and 2” for the far Uws where I work (120th and Broadway)

Dude we’re colder and more north this isn’t a coating for Central Park mark my words. I’m in Central Park today and I will personally go and measure and show you guys

7 minutes ago, RockerfellerSnow said:

Dude we’re colder and more north this isn’t a coating for Central Park mark my words. I’m in Central Park today and I will personally go and measure and show you guys

It doesn’t matter how far north you are with an east flow in November, your missing the point. In this case west is best.

And go back and re-read my post I said 2” at 120th and Broadway. I’m only about 2 miles from where they take the snow obs in Central Park. 

• Rjay pinned this topic
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic