Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
11/15-16 Coastal Storm/ULL Discussion

dmillz25

2 hours ago, jm1220 said:

Thanks! I’ll be just east of Rt 110, near Jericho Tpke. A couple miles from Huntington village but not a bad place at all. Looks like just about as good a spot as any on LI to get some additional snow here and there. The hilly elevation should help a little too. It’s close to my job which is in Melville. 

So you are south of Jericho then? Just east of the mall? I grew up about a mile due south of the mall, good snow spot.

2 hours ago, jm1220 said:

Thanks! I’ll be just east of Rt 110, near Jericho Tpke. A couple miles from Huntington village but not a bad place at all. Looks like just about as good a spot as any on LI to get some additional snow here and there. The hilly elevation should help a little too. It’s close to my job which is in Melville. 

Your elevation there is about 200 feet +/- depending on where exactly you will be, but gets over 300 feet just a little to your east.  Night and day with the barrier islands in the winter.

Also, High Point, aka Jaynes Hill (400 feet) is about a mile or two to your southwest.

1 minute ago, Brasiluvsnow said:

88 yes I saw the map,,,,,this is the first of MANY this year 88 let the non Weenies have their fun we will enjoy it no matter how much falls and hopefully mother nature hooks us up the rest of the season !!!

Well it's only November so it's not uncommon for this to happen.

26 minutes ago, RockerfellerSnow said:

Hrrr is very snowy for the city and in fact it’s snowy for everybody .

Probably a snow/sleet combo but I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be accurate.

Dews are unusually low right now, which means we could stay frozen for longer than expected. HRRR actually doesn't even change us over to rain, instead it just dry slots the area which is also possible given proximity to low.

Just now, Ericjcrash said:

Dont be so sure. Its surely possible. HRRR has burned us all many times. Depth change maps of HRRR do show 2-3" though but thats overdone IMO depicts quite a bit of sleet.

Hrrr is the best model att 

Hrrr has 6 hours of heavy wet snow for the city and 2 hours of frozen mix and than dry slot

75A5EEC2-B147-4087-B0EB-8BAAAED2B54C.png

A90ED1DA-D4C3-484E-8E82-3583B022047A.png

11 hours ago, jm1220 said:

In our part of Long Island, if you see snow/sleet for long enough to accumulate anywhere, call that a win. And a very nice event for Nov 15th. This will be a much better event a little distance into N NJ and S NY. 

Hopefully where I’ll be moving soon (Huntington Station) will do well this winter. :snowman:

Moved here from Far Rockaway last December, night and day difference. Used to take Ocean Parkway to work, some mornings it’d be in the low 40’s from the Rockaways through Jones Beach and drop into the 20’s once I crossed over the GSB bridge, I’ve seen rain change to snow plenty of times. Also, the warmer summer temps are a plus imo, the sea breeze isn't a daily occurrence this far north.

I’m far from a snow weenie, but it certainly *feels* like it wants to snow today. Just a hunch, I’ve no meteorological explanation to provide, but I think the fact that it’s snowing in DC right now is telling.

• Rjay pinned this topic
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic